Brewer Fanatic

9/6/05- Brewers (Helling) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10 CST

brewerjamie15
I think the way people frequently miss the point is by suggesting that a high OBP/SLG player be replaced by a low OBP/SLG player simply because of Ks.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ No, but there are plenty of people who believe k's arent any worse than a flyball that Torri Hunter robs 3 feet over the center field fence. This whole argument about k's not sucking is stupid. If the stats say they arent more damaging to a team then let me say this. The stats are wrong and misleading. Show me a stat that explains how someone who goes 0-4 with 3 k's takes away any confidence for the next game. Show me how completly missing the ball displays skill and gives any hope that the player has any reason to believe next time will be different. I could go on and on about this but its pointless. The stats say that k's dont hurt any more than balls put in play that are recorded as outs. If the stats say so, many people will buy into it but its wrong. If k's don't matter why are strikeout pitchers so highly sought after buy every team in baseball? Its just a ridiculous notion that k's dont matter. ]

Why are we re-hashing this for the ba-jillionth time? My point was simply that newbies to the site often think that 3TO players are better than other players.... when in reality, 3TO is just a fun way to root for Russell.

Archived