Brewer Fanatic

9/6/05- Brewers (Helling) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10 CST

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness for the loss. We almost got close to .500. We need to walk before we can crawl. This year the plan is to improve a couple games on last year. We can do that for the next five years and peak at a .499 winnin percentage. Which will satisfy us bs.net regulars.

Then all our good players will go. We will not be able to afford them. They will have good stats so get good salaries, but never win any games.

Then we will need to bottom out back at about .350 winning percentage, then climb that long mountain over 5 years back to .499.

Then I will be dead and I will not care anymore.

It gets frustrating when you root for a team that hasn't seen the sunny side of .500 since before you were old enough to drink.

Well, that's bad enough, but it's even worse when the last time the Crew was above 500 was when you were 11 years old.

But I think we're finally going in the right direction. Tonight was very irritating however.

Why Is anyone shocked about the Lack of Clutch hitting it a problem from the start of the Season and has Never been Corrected or have went Away.

Mu problem is why Not Start Hall at 3rd and Leave Hardy and Weeks at ss and 2nd. And Please Start Prince at 1st

Russell Branyan swung the bat 9 times in this game.

He missed the ball 8 times. He just got a tiny piece of the one that nicked his bat.

I think just about every poster here could do that.

There is no justifiable reason for Branyan to be in the lineup. Bill Hall has put together a solid season, offensively and defensively and with Hardy swinging the bat well, Hall should be the everyday third baseman with Helms and Cirillo backing up.

Quote:
I don't think anyone believes strikeouts in the grand scheme of things are better than "productive outs".

No, but there are plenty of people who believe k's arent any worse than a flyball that Torri Hunter robs 3 feet over the center field fence. This whole argument about k's not sucking is stupid. If the stats say they arent more damaging to a team then let me say this. The stats are wrong and misleading. Show me a stat that explains how someone who goes 0-4 with 3 k's takes away any confidence for the next game. Show me how completly missing the ball displays skill and gives any hope that the player has any reason to believe next time will be different. I could go on and on about this but its pointless. The stats say that k's dont hurt any more than balls put in play that are recorded as outs. If the stats say so, many people will buy into it but its wrong. If k's don't matter why are strikeout pitchers so highly sought after buy every team in baseball? Its just a ridiculous notion that k's dont matter.

Archived