Brewer Fanatic

9/6/05- Brewers (Helling) @ Reds (Harang) 6:10 CST

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's called the .500 disease.

Soon I am going back to my mental illness frezy. Well not MINE, but the Brewers.

These guys are collective chokes.

Why oh why can they bat UNTIL they get a chance to score a run. And when was the last home run we had. It seems in close games we stop hitting home runs... we just hit-hit to get two guys on base then choke-choke-choke.

This mob is an amazing choke machine.

By the way... you know how we are almost last in batting with RISP, but average (even above I think) without RISP... well, I checked a few times and actually our PITCHERS do better with RISP against them. Not much better, not from middle of the road to first... but a slot or two better.

The pitchers dont choke. But the batters sure do. Choke, choke, choke...

Okay, dumb question, H0ffy...

What happens if we do get over .500?

If we can get over .500 for the first time since the first Bush presidency, does that get us past the losing mentality that's overwhelmed this franchise since?

They would have used one more against Overbay.

They might not. Overbay hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire against righties or lefties, so it's not a given, especially with Lyle's good splits in his career vs. LHP.

Also, even if they brought one in for Overbay, they'd consider keeping him in through Lee, since Jenkins is our hottest hitter, so it makes the most sense to try and match him up vs. a lefty.

And who's to say that they would have even brought in a lefty for Branyan? Russell is struggling against everything right now.

Archived