Brewer Fanatic

9/7/05 11:30 CT: Brewers (Cappy) vs Redds (Milton)

mikerollins

That's how it goes sometimes. Some things are out of a anyone's hands.

Others (like pulling Jenkins for Marguder) aren't.

C'mon, Ned, Geoff was well on the way to the cycle! And why in the name of Jennifer Love Hewitt is it Magruder as opposed to Corey Hart?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
NED YOST!!! Why in the name of Jennifer Love Hewitt is Chris Magruder in the game?

Ummm, it's 14-3. I think Ned could put HIMSELF in at this point with no harm done. If Mags is on this team, he might as well play in blowouts.

Yeah, lets get Geoff hurt in a blowout. Great line of thinking there. The only way he legs out a triple is if the ball caromes off four walls and through the legs of three outfielders.

russ, what does the graph prove... I stick to my espn splits team ranking

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Using team rankings can be a very misleading and inexact way to to measure things, however. What that chart showed is that whole most teams significantly improve their OPS w/RISP, the Brewers are one of only a handful of teams that do worse.

What I disagree with is why they do worse, or even how significant that stat is to begin with. They'll probably do much better next year and we'll all be told how they have "grown up" and learned how to finally hit in that situation. I'll attribute it to mostly regression to the mean.

Such is like at brewerfan.net.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Clancy, can you imagine the flak Yost would have gotten if he left Jenkins in the game today and hurt his back and missed the rest of the year? Or if he left Lee in and he pulled a hamstring and missed two weeks?

I understand that hitting for the cycle is cool, but if .500 is an important goal, you can't blame Yost- I think he made the absolute correct move- for protecting his productive players from injury in a game that has been out of hand for an hour.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote:
Nice, but I'd like to get runs in all nine frames. I'd like JJ to get that triple he needs for the cycle.

AND NOW he's pulled Caballo, too?

Please explain to me how pulling your stars in a blowout is not smart baseball. Of all the things to bash Yost about, this has got to be the most assinine.

Cappy needed to be done when they got up to 13 runs in the 6th...enough run support to pretty much guarantee win #16 (or 17, which ever he'll be at). Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining when we have a 9 run lead, and I should be celebrating that.

I just wish they could spread some of the runs out a bit. Score 12 in one game and 1 in the next, score 1 last night and now up to 14...geez...

Archived