Brewer Fanatic

9/7/05 11:30 CT: Brewers (Cappy) vs Redds (Milton)

mikerollins
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Lyle Overbay, I still refuse to think you're better than Prince Fielder, but I'm quite pleased you just hit a 3 run homer....

I am thrilled that Overbay just went deep. But it still seems like he can only hit against the Reds. It would be nice if he did more damage against the rest of the league too.

Quote:
I guess there must be a reason Milton's ERA is 6.61!! I thought it was a fluke! He really just is not a good pitcher at all.

Actually, the way the Brewers are hitting him, you'd think he's got a 15-5 record with a 2.95 ERA. Usually the higher the ERA, the more they shut down this lineup.

Just call it the Brewer Algorithm...

Quote:
How is .250 with 30 hr's much different than Lyle's stats this year, if not better? And I think that's thinking negatively. Plus, Prince will walk, so I think his OBP will be high, so who cares if he hits .250?

Since this lineup is already K-tacular, I can't see how adding another strike-out machine to it is going to help. Lyle Ks quite a bit, but I guarantee Prince will K more, at least his first year. 99.9% of all power hitting rookies hit for a very low average and K a lot their first few years. It will take Prince awhile to figure it out.

Adam Dunn sure K's a lot, but is there anyone who doesn't want Adam Dunn on their team? And from the small sample of Fielder we've seen this year, it seems like he has a pretty good eye. The pitcher that made him look foolish was Burnett, but he makes a lot of batters look foolish.

Quote:
Is it possible to talk about anything BUT the Brewers not scoring 100% their runners?

Sure, let's get back to Branyan.

Quote:
Yeah he's played well, but he can't play

When has he played well? In his MAJOR LEAGE career spanning over 7 years, he has a .231 career average.

In 1450 AB's he has 335 hits, 92 HR and 236 RBI, 197 BB and 592 K's. They guy K's over 40% of his AB's, and at 16AB's per HR, he is not making up the difference.

But let me guess, its a small sample, he's still young, he needs regular playing time, blah, blah, blah. The guy sucks. He's not exactly a rookie either. The guy is 29 years old. Put him on a loaded team and he might be a nice player to have, but there is absolutely no place for him to hide on a team like the Brewers.

Oh BTW, I believe he has the lowest fielding percentage on the team.

Archived