Brewer Fanatic

09/15/05 Brewers (Ohka) @ Diamondbacks (Estes) 5:10 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda love the fact that Uecker doesn't know if he's in Phoenix or Tampa Bay... Must be the uniforms, or the fact that TB's gm sang the national anthem at the BOB this afternoon.

EDIT: Aw, he corrected himself... Always the constant professional.

Two points about this (three actually)

1) Maddux has completely change Ohka K to BB ratio; before Mike he was terrible (I think about 1:1); since Mike he must be like 2 or 3 to 1

2) I like games where the guys absolutely bash; it can get into their brains that they are good enough to bat well in all situations... even when the pressure is on... they are just training themselves to THINK they are good!

3) If they can really figure out how to get above .500 (even if it is by good luck (most here say they are below .500 only because of luck, so I guess the bad can become good luck))... if they get above .500 they will sit all winter thinking they are winners... not 'nearly' winners

2 and 3 will help this team immensely... much more than any physical improvement or big off season signing

Quote:
"Must be the uniforms, or the fact that TB's gm sang the national anthem at the BOB this afternoon."

I'm sure you mean that TB's gm's daughter sang the national anthem.

You are quite correct. Plus you caught me drinkin'.

Quote:
whatcould have been
- brewmann04

Ned has a most interesting philosphy. Even in blowouts he is throwing his guys 115 - 120 or more pitches. He has done that to Cappy a couple of times.

I would be tempted to baby the pitchers, get them out early, save them for next start. But I wonder what is best. I cannot complain about the results. But maybe Ned could give guys like JDLR some more work.

We better see that wild man today!

Quote:
Ned has a most interesting philosphy. Even in blowouts he is throwing his guys 115 - 120 or more pitches.

He doesn't have a choice, he doesn't have much of a bullpen left to pitch with. That's not something to pin on Ned, that's something to pin on the team for not scoring more runs last night before the entire bullpen was spent. (Funny how even when we are winning by 12, someone finds something to complain about.)

Archived