Brewer Fanatic

09/15/05 Brewers (Ohka) @ Diamondbacks (Estes) 5:10 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I have to be in the minority to voice my opinion? Ok boss.

No, only when you are making one your "scoop" predictions you should be. It's kinda like me saying, "I predict the Brewers will have 78 wins or more this year."

I would really like a nice freeze frame of Hart's stance where it's obvious that he's changed the orientation of his back elbow.

I also distinctly remember people saying that Hart's most memorable at-bat was going to be his long foul ball last year.

I think we ought to have some kind of "set in stone" prediction system, where people who want to put their reps on the line can do so early and publicly.

I mean, I could make a bunch of predictions and then focus on the ones I got right in some kind of chest-pounding thing, but I know that i'm not immune to making BAD predictions.

But seriously, maybe we can make some kind of contest out of it to keep it ufn.

As good as JJ has been lately, and as solid as I think he's going to be for the next several years, I don't even think he belongs in the same grouping as Weeks and Fielder at this point.

Agreed. hardy is supposed to be a solid SS with good defense. Weeks and Fielder are supposed to be offensive powerhouses. Hart is supposed to be an OK OF (he'll gain value if he can hack CF full time).

Wow. I post rarely but read often.

What are you talking about JJ doesn't belong in the same category as Weeks and Fielder? Are you on crack?

Look at the peripherals buddy. Even when he was hitting an abysmal .150ish ealry on he still walks more than he K's. Check how many major leaguers will do that this year. Few. Very few.

JJ rarely has a bad AB. Weeks has many. Is JJ going to post Weeks numbers? Probably not. Will he hit for Prince Power? Probably not. Will he be equally or mor eimportant to the success of our franchise moving forward? Absolutely!

Baseball is a game of FAR more than stats and numbers. JJ is living proof of that. At this point I think he has been the catalyst of our late season play.

Let's be fair. Real fair.

out

What are you talking about JJ doesn't belong in the same category as Weeks and Fielder?

Weeks and Fielder have potential to be Hall of Famers. It's not a huge knock on Hardy to say he doesn't neccessarily have that potential.

Are you on crack?

My wife has asked me that a couple times.

Look at the peripherals buddy.

http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/images/memorabilia/Toys/my-buddy-doll.jpg

Is JJ going to post Weeks numbers? Probably not. Will he hit for Prince Power? Probably not.

Um, exactly?

Baseball is a game of FAR more than stats and numbers. JJ is living proof of that.

Did you just request that we LOOK at Hardy's stats?

Will he be equally or mor eimportant to the success of our franchise moving forward? Absolutely!

Did I miss the post where someone said, "Hardy will not add success to this franchise, causing the Crew to take a step back"? I've been one of Hardy's biggest advocates. I just don't think our new SS is going to hit like our new 1B, or future CFer (had to sneak that in http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif ).

Archived