Brewer Fanatic

9/10/05 Astros (Pettitte) @ Brewers (Ohka) 6:05 pm

SheetsCyYoung04
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not Matt Wise? Because then Matt Wise wouldn't be available to pitch when we're up 3-2 in the 8th tomorrow. Our bullpen just isn't deep enough to have really good pitchers for every situation. Davis was one close-call from getting out of that inning (according to Uecker), and Berkman is really freaking good. It wasn't that bad of an idea.

Yeah, it's a tough call, Kiwi. Maybe now Wise won't have an opportunity to pitch for 5 days, which would seem like a waste of a good pitcher. I just get frustrated when we don't have Wise available to pitch when we need him most, however. And with Helling starting, maybe we need him to go 2 innings tomorrow.

I admit, when he gave up that homer, Davis's mlb.com gameday photo's facial expression changed--in my eyes--from "I'm not smiling because I'm a tough guy" to "I'm not smiling because I know I won't be in the major leagues next year." I still can't say I blame Yost for going to him in that situation. If Santana was around, we would have had another option.

Archived