Brewer Fanatic

9/9/05 Astros(Clemens) V.S. Brewers(Davis) 7:05 CDT

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
bah! I was going to call for the pinch hit and Ned beat me to it.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Davis was in trouble most of the night - I can't fault Ned here.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

what does everyone think about this move? Up by 2 runs, 5th inning, just struck out the side in the top of the 5th, and you pull Davis? 93 pitches.

I don't see how you can disagree with it. 2 runners on, Davis has been shaky all night and wouldn't go more than one more inning anyway. Even if he did K the side, he threw a few balls too. Far from dominating.

My initial reaction was bad movce to pull Davis, but at 93 pitches, he hasn't been too sharp except for the 5th, he very well could have given it up in teh 6th. Probably the right call to try to get those runs in. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Archived