Brewer Fanatic

9/16/05 Brewers(Helling) V.S Astros(Oswalt). 7:05 CDT

The Milwaukee Brewers continue on there road trip. This time stoping in Texas to face Roy Oswalt and the Houston Astros. After taking the series aganst the Diamondbacks and exploading for 14 runs in the last game of the series the Brewers will have there hand full with hard throwing Oswalt. Hopefully the Brewer bats will still be white hot from there showing yesterday and they can get off to a good start in Houston. Milwaukee sends Rick Helling to the mound he is sporting a 1-0, 0.00 ERA vs. HOU in 2005 and overall has been done very well this season in his couple of appreances.

Pitching Matchup:

MIL: RHP Rick Helling

? 2-0, 2.40 ERA in 2005

HOU: RHP Roy Oswalt

? 17-12, 2.93 ERA in 2005

On television/Radio

? MIL: FSN/

Radio: Brewer's Radio Network.

* This will also be the only game of the series that you can catch on FSN.

Quick Hits:

Ryan Braun Brewers 2005 first-round pick served as bat boy on thursday he had this to say ""I feel like I contributed something." I think i speak for all brewerfan.net when i say don't worry Ryan the days will come when we will argue if you should start or platoon! Just kidding!

Also J.J. Hardy has a inflamed big toe. He is listed as day to day and is a game time decision today. Hopefully JJ can go because he has been red hot the last couple of weeks!1

On deck

? Saturday: at Astros, 6:05 p.m. CT

? Sunday: at Astros, 1:05 p.m. CT

? Tuesday: vs. Cubs, 6:35 p.m. CT

you forgot the date -ja002h

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably poor excuses, but...

badgers play at 6:00pm saturday night

packers play at 3ish sunday afternoon

they probably dont want to compete with football. generally by this time the crew is well out of any meaningful games, so they didnt put these games into the tv contract. maybe this will change next year with the performance this year and the hopes for next year.

that seemed to be the most logical reason in the past. especially since both of these bump the brewers off 620 in milwaukee

That is stupid if the reason some games are not televised is because of the Packers and Badgers. I think I speak for many here that would rather watch the Brewers then the Packers or Badgers. Why don't they give us a choice? Are they afraid the Brewers may get better ratings or what is the deal?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Well, this is going to suck. I have NO confidence about today -at all- Helling has no business whatsoever being a starter. I think we're gonna get killed. Sorry.

Rick Helling could not:

1. Get the ball over the plate if he used a beach ball

2. Throw with any heat if he set the ball on fire.

3. Fool a hitter if he had David Copperfield on the hill with him.

4. Win a game if spotted a 10 run lead.

5. Break 85 MPH if he drove the ball around in his car.

6. Have good command if he were in charge of a Girl Scout Troop.

7. "Go the distance" in a 2 meter race.

8. Intimidate a 4 year old.

9. Paint the corners with a power sprayer.

10. Get hot if he were standing on the equator wearing a fur coat.

Hey, this worked last time. Helling had a great game, so I figured i'd try it again.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Jamie,

those of us who read the posts dont need to see the hint of the reverse double-jinx, b/c it is not going to work. It is not even remotely possible, it would be like the Brewers getting to 87 wins using that thing rluz uses.

Not happening, no way, no how

Astros offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire right now. I think if we can just get a couple from Oswalt early, we have a great shot.

I am pretty confident about this series, for whatever reason. Maybe the 6-1-1 record in road series since the AS break has something to do with it.

Go Crew!!!!

Quote:
Did I mentions football is alot more popular to begin with?

Also, I think FSN is showing college football at the same time, at least they were last weekend.

This is all about ad revenue; if FSN could get more ad revenue out of a 1 baseball game out of 162 then they could out of 1 football weekend out of what, 13, then they would show baseball.

That said, if we could get some of the games back on 18 or 24 we would have a choice. Problem is, after so many losing seasons, 24 dropped the Brewers because it was costing them more to show the game than they were getting in ad revenue. If the Crew continue to play well until whenever the current TV contract expires, we may get some games back on broadcast.

Vote with your remote.

Naaa, FSN probably pays a premium to have exclusive rights to the broadcasts. Also, FSN can always outbid any local station. The Brewers gettingbetter will just make it HARDER for local stations.

Remember when Channel 36 had Badger football games? I bet alot of you badger fans didn't even watch em back then. They STUNK.

Quote:
That is stupid if the reason some games are not televised is because of the Packers and Badgers. I think I speak for many here that would rather watch the Brewers then the Packers or Badgers. Why don't they give us a choice?

Even if the Brewers get lower ratings, they still need to step up and show the games regardless of what else is on the other channels. In this age of remote controls and split screen televisions, you can still draw an audience. You also need to send the message that your product is important and will not take a backseat to anyone.

And don't assume that everyone around here loves football.

The Twins couldn't get it done with U of Minn on their side so I don't expect it tio happen unless all sports (save the Packers of course) get together asn make it hard on cable companies. As to why no games, my guess is their ad rates are based upon a gaurenteed minimum level of viewers with refunds if those levels aren't met, which would almost certainly happen over the next two games.

As to why no broadcast TV, broadcast TV doesn't want it. The Brewers had to buy airtime to get on the last few seasons and they decided not to do so this year. They may next season on some open Sunday games, but don't hold your breath.

What is with all the HATING on the Packers. Dang! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

I realize there are some baseball only fans on this board. However, if you are a Wisconsin sports fan, then support them all. Bad Karma for the Pack is ridiculous! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

I am a huge WISCONSIN sports fan. I live and die with all the teams. (except the Bucks, that is when Herb Kohl finally sells the team).

I thoroughly understand why they are not on Sunday, but tomorrow, now that is the crime. I can happily Picture in Picture the whole thing. Except they aren't showing the Brewers game on Fox. sigh...

Btw, Jeff Cirillo is back in the starting lineup. What took so long?

Milwaukee Houston --------- ------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Clark, Brady 11 44 .304 2B Biggio, Craig 21 61 .266 3B Cirillo, Jeff 4 19 .288 RF Palmeiro, Orlando 3 18 .292 1B Overbay, Lyle 17 68 .273 3B Lamb, Mike 9 46 .229 LF Lee, Carlos 32 106 .276 1B Berkman, Lance 19 66 .292 RF Jenkins, Geoff 22 78 .287 CF Lane, Jason 22 69 .256 SS Hall, Bill 16 55 .282 SS Vizcaino, Jose 1 17 .257 2B Weeks, Rickie 13 40 .244 LF Scott, Luke 0 4 .157 C Miller, Damian 8 38 .259 C Ausmus, Brad 3 42 .265 P Helling, Rick (2-0, 2.40) P Oswalt, Roy (17-12, 2.93) 

Archived