Brewer Fanatic

9.18.05 Brewers(Capuano) Astros(rodriguez) 1.05 pm cst

Brewcrew255

All the guys that were rested today are hurt. It's not like they were tired or worn down, they have actual injuries that can affect their performance.

Jenkins can barely run, Weeks can barely hold his bat, and Hardy's toe is enough of an issue that he may not play in the AFL afterall.

One could easily argue that if .500 is the goal, these guys are going to need to rest or they may not be productive enough down the stretch to be a .500 offense.

Yost has done plenty of things to make us scratch our heads this year. I don't think resting injured players is one of them.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Maybe the 'stros were so stung by the Brewers' spoiler efforts against them the last year or two, that they decided enough is enough this year?

Obviously the Brewers have done their fair share toward digging the hole they're in this series; but I think if I were a Houston player or fan, I'd be scowling when Milwaukee came to town.

Just my attempt at rationalization. It's no worse than wondering if Hardy's absence has made the difference these last few days.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
should Kane Davis be with the Crew next year?

managed to keep his ERA around 3

I can't find the stats to back me up (I can't find the stats, not I can't find the stats I like), but it seems that he often comes in, let's inherited runners score, then is pulled. The relief behind him then end the rally, and non of K-Davis's runners score. I know he was rocked three of four times like this and still had an era of 0.00 but was letting in every inherited runner. A reliever's ERA is almost a worthless stat by itself.

Sorry to not talk about today's game, but I'd much like to forget this whole weekend ever happened.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Add Butch Wynegar to the list of those spending their last few days with the Brewers. Way too much talent (not saying it's playoff-ready yet, but still better than they have shown) for him to remain. He's not the one hitting with RISP, but as a team they have just under-performed offensively this year. And when that happens, it's a cruel game. He has to go.

Or could they keep him as bench coach and bring in another hitting instructor? He certainly does well with positioning fielders, strategy, etc. Just an idea - not sure if there's much merit to it or not. But he just can't stay on as hitting coach.

So last weekend you take 2 of 3 from Houston facing Clemens, Pettitie, and Oswalt. This weekend we get swept by Oswalt, Backe, and Rodriguez? That just does not seem right. And 2 runs all weekend? That is just horriable. Come on guys lets get it together for this Cubs series. And I hope JJ, Geoff, and Rickie are back. Maybe Fielder can actually get a start to?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I think we need to plan a way out to get back to .500 on the 81st game. We seem to get to .500, then slide a few games. If we get back to .500 too soon, we may not have enough time to get back to .500 after the subsequent slide, and may finish another year sub .500. It has become obvious that we can not breach the apparent invisible force field that separates us from a record above .500.

It has become obvious that we can not breach the apparent invisible force field that separates us from a record above .500.

I've thought about this very fact at multiple points during the last couple months, and I think the answer is less mystical than we'd like it to be. The fact is, when you start out several games below .500, you have to play above .500 ball to return to .500. So, the last couple months we've been at least playing .500, but when it comes to running off multiple wins in a row and getting to 2 or 3 over, we can't do it because we are, in essence, a .500 team. Therefore every time we win the .500 game, we're more than likely going to lose the game after, or the one after that, and keep bouncing around the mark.

Archived