Brewer Fanatic

9.18.05 Brewers(Capuano) Astros(rodriguez) 1.05 pm cst

Brewcrew255

Just turned the gamecast on; I don't like the lineup we've got out there today. I know it's a day game after a night game, but if ever there's a time not to rest so many of your key guys, it's when you have a pitcher who still has an outside shot at 20 wins taking the mound.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

This is the worst lineup I've seen in a long time. Now I'm sure there are reasons for it (Jenkin's back, Hardy's foot, Week's hand) but wow, I'm usually pretty laid back on judging managerial decision, but this one blows chunks. Although I have to admit that it is cool to see N. Cruz in the lineup, even if he hasn't had that first big league knock yet.

Only this Brewer's lineup could put Wandy and shutout in the same sentance.

Jim Powell and Bob Uecker seem frustrated that the hitters are trying to pull everything. Wynegar and Yost need to have a team meeting and rip into the hitters for not making adjustments.

While I have no doubt a point needs to be made, I hope that sort of generic approach isn't taken.

I hope that Yost and Wynegar know their players well enough to know what motivates them. Because there are plenty of players who won't respond well to that type of motivation, and it's often counter-productive.

All great coaches know what they need to do to motivate and reach the individual players on their roster. Just because the don't have a closed door screaming fit, it doesn't mean they aren't coaching...

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Yost definitely fools me when he says .500 is his goal. You put this lineup out there and expect to win? You are just asking HOU to sweep you when you do something this stupid. If you're resting guys this late in the season, that is totally stupid. With a few weeks to go, what the heck is the difference? You put your best lineup out there if you want to accomplish this .500 goal. I question Yost's logic a lot, but how can't you?

Archived