Brewer Fanatic

9/20/05 Cubs (Williams) V.S. Brewers (Davis) 6:35 CDT

Rivals unite again in Miller Park as your Milwaukee Brewers come home to the Keg to take on the Cubs. The Brewers send left hander Doug Davis to mound with a record of 10-10 with a 3.95 ERA in 2005. His counterpart on the hill will be Jerome Williams. Williams has a record of 5-8 and a 4.30 ERA in 2005. His numbers aganst the Brewers are even higher with a 1-1 record and a even 6.00 ERA this year.

Hopefully the bats will wake up in this series and the Brewers can again start on there march to .500.

Pitching Matchup

CHC: RHP Jerome Williams

MIL: LHP Doug Davis

TV/RADIO

The Brewers will once again be on FSN North. If you would rather listen to the brewers tune in to the crew on the milwaukee brewers radio network.

Looking Ahead

Looking ahead the road to .500 does not get any easier as the brewers welcome in the cardinals. Good news is that the Cards have won the division and will most likely be sitting some of there starters. But it will still be a tough matchup with there pitching.

? Wednesday: vs. Cubs, 6:35 p.m. CT

? Thursday: vs. Cubs, 1:05 p.m. CT

? Friday: vs. Cardinals, 7:05 p.m. CT

edit: You keep forgetting the date in the subject -ja002h

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering the Brewers scored 2 runs total in their last 3 games and Williams ERA in his last 3 starts is under 1.00, I fully expect Milwaukee to be no-hit tonight. Of course, they will probably win 18-2, because they are so easy to predict.

The real question is how many games until Dusty ruins Williams' arm?

That is a great question which brings up another, how long do the cubs keep Dusty as there manager? He really has done nothing for them and in my eyes actually cost them a couple of seasons in which they might have been in the playoffs. I know that we hate to play the what if game. But what if Dusty did not overuse wood and prior? Would they be better? I think they would? Would they compete with the Cards for the division? i think they would!

G'arr, Espn radio just said Sheets walked the plank to the 60-day DL. They said the Brewmasters paid a pretty penny for Glover's contract, hoping his sea legs work out in Milwaukee. He may be getting the call as the 5th starter, instead of that scury Ober fellow.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

For the first time all season, I am feeling very down on the Brewers. That sweep in Houston has left me feeling dejected. I can't believe I am having a hard time getting excited for this Cubs series. If they could have even just won one of the games in Houston, it would feel so different.

On a side note, yesterday felt like a horrible preview of what the offseason feels like. Nothing but football coverage on the radio. No baseball on cable. No Brewers game to look forward to. And it got dark early outside. There was nothing else going on either. Nowhere to really go.

I really hate this time of year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Oh well . . . . . GO BREWERS !!

Yeah I alos originally thought Lil Ben would be the better choice but he struggled bad this year at AAA, I would give a fresh start in spring training for him next year. No reason to bring him up this season and he gets hit around and it really hurts his confidence.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Man, bad retreads blow. Hendrickson doesnt have it this year. I'd just let eveland, lehr, jorge, sarfate(if they bring him up?). We have enough guys to get through a shaky start. We ain't playing for much now anyhow. .500, BAH.

Scrap-iron sure handed it to us. Figured they were going to. Too late for the big show, so we may as well see what we have for next year. No more hitting the wall at .500.

EDIT: Still, I'd like to see us looking down on the scrubs for the duration of this year. Bring it on Dusty.

Archived