Brewer Fanatic

9/21/05 Cubs (Prior) V.S. Brewers (Ohka) 6:35 CDT

smbrewersfan15

Just got back from the game, and THANK GOODNESS!

Man, was that a rollercoaster ride. I had to take several walks around the concourse tonight. In doing so I missed some of the Brewers' scoring plays, but if that helps them win I'll keep doing it.

I'm so glad this didn't go to extra innings. I was watching li'l Cap warm up in the bullpen and thinking, nuh uh, the Cubs score off him in the 10th, and that'll be that. Nice, too, for Cirillo to have a priceless Brewers moment. Actually, as long as it's vs. the Cubs, I don't care which Brewer comes up big. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

For sheer entertainment value, here is a conversation I overheard in the ground level Fan Zone store tonight:

(A couple is looking at the Brewers thong underwear in the ladies' section of the Fan Zone.)

She (checking out the thong): They should put "Turnbow" on this.

He: I'll get you some Turnbow if you wear that home tonight.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

(Fortunately, they were laughing along with me at that point.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the game too...around all the arrogant Cub fans. I was at the extra innings last hit win earlier this year. I love waving bye to them after the game. They have some cocky fans for a team that hasn't won anything since 1908 or whatever.

That honestly coulda been the best baseball game i've ever seen at a stadium (competing with Wood Vs Clemens at Wrigley)....Surrounded by Cubs fans, I was happy as all get out to shut them down (saying things that won't fly on this board)....

I really want Cirillo to be on our team next year, and I've been saying that since before tonight....Turnbow blew his first save since Aug 2, and we still got the win. Just shutting down the Cubs with a lot of their fans there was great....I showed up in the 3rd inning (had to work till 7), and thought I'd be thrown out by the 4th cuz I was immediately talkin smack to all of em around me....When Prior came out, I was jacked that he was goin on 80 pitches within 4 innings, so obviously we were battling out there from the get go, impressive against a guy of that calliber

I had to hit the taverns, and even did Kereokee tonight to celebrate the win....woooooo boy, I can't get over this....let's get em in game 3!!!!

PS Nice job by the Indians who again beat the Sox...awesome!!!

He is probably going to "beat up" Cirillo....what a win at the end of the season. Gotta love it.

I think he was actually referring to the fact that it looks like Turnbow is about to hit Cirillo in a very uncomfortable place.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

Yes, it does. The all time series is now 61-61, which in a way makes sense when you consider how often their games are flat-out weird.

Apart from being relieved that the Brewers won, I was also relatively grateful that we did not have the worst of cub nation around us last night. I guess on a weeknight in September when the playoffs aren't at stake, it's not worth making the drive up for terrace level seats. The loge and field levels were pretty full and were probably more Cub than Brewer fans. I'm not surprised 30,049 seats were sold, but they didn't all show up.

I did hear two women in the restroom saying something like "hey, THESE restrooms are decent!". I guess that's high praise coming from Gum Field. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Still cant get over last nights game.....as i left the stadium behind home plate i saw some brewer fans coming down the stairwell and i started saying "there we go crew" and giving them high fives....right after that the entire area just erupted, it was such a great feeling looking around and hearing all the brewer fans just going crazy.....for people that watched the game, i didnt get to catch a replay on the force out they called at 2nd when billy hall laid down the sac bunt in the bottom of the 9th, i thought he was clearly safe......how did it look on the replay?

All you people out there that do NOT attend brewer v cubs games, you are definitely missing out.....bust out the brooms today

To me it looked like if Cruz kept his front leg down on the bag he might have gotten the call but he lifted is leg and was off the bag when the tag was made and then his other leg hit the bag. It looked like he lifted the leg to attempt to stop the double play attempt. Just my observation.

Archived