Brewer Fanatic

9/21/05 Cubs (Prior) V.S. Brewers (Ohka) 6:35 CDT

smbrewersfan15
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why I watch these games against the Cubs. I go absolutely nuts mentally and it stresses the heck out of me.

Then Cirillo comes up with the game winning hit and I remember why I put myself through it....the goosebumps of victory and the solo fist pumps in my living room.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
Then Cirillo comes up with the game winning hit and I remember why I put myself through it....the goosebumps of victory and the solo fist pumps in my living room.

Haha.. I'm sitting out on the patio, wondering if any of the old neighbors are going to call the cops because of all the noise over here http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Man, I love Bill Hall's fire. Say what you want about the guy, but working that count full and then getting the 2-run single...he could hardly contain himself on his way to first. Then watching him trying to get everyone fired-up after stealing 3rd was awesome (I don't care at this point if it was a weird time to steal 3rd). I just like seeing some emotion, especially if it affects them positively and doesn't get the best of them.

Also, note that Cirillo vs Dempster was the same match-up earlier this year that ended up with Cirillo getting rung-up on a bad pitch to end the game in a 5-4 loss, and then he got into an exchange with an ump. Must have felt especially good to get that hit.

Also, I hate to point this out because tomorrow is still a very important game, but that clinches the season series with the Cubs. We need another win tomorrow; hopefully a blow-out to rest the pen.

All those early mistakes culminated in one of the greatest endings of the year. It wasn't fair to Turnbow, but it was a lot more fun this way.

Needless to say, I'M FIRED-UP!!!

"Cirillo comes up with the game winning hit and I remember why I put myself through it....the goosebumps of victory and the solo fist pumps in my living room."

I was with you brother. Jumped five feet off the couch hit the deck and threw a couple fist pumps. Great stuff.

Archived