Brewer Fanatic

9/22/05 Cubs (Maddux) V.S. Brewers (Helling) 1:05 CDT

1992casey
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there's quite a list of things that come out of either Daron or Bill's mouth that could be censored. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Play Ball!!!

And with that phrase, my productivity level at work goes to 0.01%

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I would like to see Nelson Cruz get some time in right that is more of late inning defensive replacement or mop up duty. I know Jenkins bat is still very good, but he is struggling in the field on plays that he would make when healty. This is not a typical brewer fan rant that goes (player x is washed up, he needs to be released ie Jenkins in the first half of the season). This is more of a I would like to see what Cruz can do, and Jenkins isnt 100%. rant.

*though, to be fair, our offense might struggle, especially since Jenks hits Maddux at a .400 clip*

And which has been the bigger problem this year, defense or offensive struggles?

That's why Jenkins continues to play.

And it seems like the Cubs are hitting everything very hard off Helling.

Machmeister, the OF speed has been an issue all year, as all 3 have substandard range for their positions. It's allowed many outs to become hits, especially since it's been well-documented that the OF's like playing "no-doubles" defense, basically conceding bloopers.

Still, they've done a solid job this year. Jenkins and Lee get too many bad jumps on balls, and Jenks seems to break back or freeze on lots of bloopers, but they're doing a solid job. My only concern is the pitchers. It would have to be tough mentally knowing that you made a pitch that should have gotten a guy out, but instead that's a hit, which means it could be an ER.

Jenkins is hurt, and Clark is just slow... Put Hart and Cruz in the OF today!!!!!!!!!

i would match rather see Clark playing center over Hart....i have been completely unimpressed with everything ive seen from Hart in the field....although his raw speed is superior compared to Clark, Clark gets much better jumps on balls and just has better instincts overall.....Hart being a first/third baseman in the passed and having fairly limited time in the outfield may play a key role in that, but as of right now, Brady is clearly better defensively.......and theres no reason to sit Jenkins, his bat is still too hot.....whatever plays he cant make in the outfield he will make up for offensively, kind of like how manny ramirez has been for his entire career

His 43-pitch 8th inning at BOB last week

*That's* how many Victor threw? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif

On another topic, I assume J.J.'s foot really needs the rest. (He did seem to be laboring while running last night.) My concern is that I can't help but notice that over the last week, the Brewers are undefeated with Hardy in the lineup and winless without.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived