Brewer Fanatic

9/24/05 Cards (Mulder) @ Crew (Glover) 6:05 CST

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yost said Miller could have played today, so he could be back.

How sweet is it to have only 8 games left and to be at 500 and also not be officially elminated from the postseason yet? It's been a long time.

I just got back from Miller Park. I almost skipped this game after looking at the pitching matchup. I am glad I decided to go ahead and attend this one. It seemed like the whole city of St. Louis was there tonight. Cardinal Nation is huge. Anyway, I am glad we shut them up and sent them home disappointed.

It got very scary in the 9th, but the boys hung on and got to .500. It is really nice to beat up on the Cardinals for a change. Hopefully we can get some revenge on Jeff Suppan tomorrow. I am so sick of losing to him.

BREWERS WIN !!!!!

ON WISCONSIN !!!!

http://ideaspot.net/mlb/NL_Central/small/brewers3-sm.gifhttp://ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/wisconsin-sm.gif

Back from the game now, with our drive back to Madison brightly lit by all the cars heading home from football:

How about some props for G-Love? At the start of the game I was saying under my breath, "OK, Gary, could you just not suck?" - and although those were low expectations, he exceeded them and I appreciate it. Let's hope he can bring a similar game on Thursday.

I also admit that my lack of faith in Justin Lehr was misplaced (I would have called for Eveland sooner), and for tonight at least, my faith in Dana might have been a bit misplaced.

I was hoping brewerjamie would happen by so we could reflect together on the clutch and overall gritty performance by Bad Chad, but I understand that there are only so many good grilling days left in the year.

That 7-spot was nothing short of miraculous - particularly since (as we all know) the Brewers then proceeded to need every one of the runs they scored. Thanks, Mark Mulder. Memo: You might not want to pitch like that next month.

On the way back to the parking lot, I observed two Cardinal clad guys agreeing that "it's been a rough 24 hours." I'm surprised I didn't burst into tears on the spot upon hearing their tragic lament. (Imagine a world where the St. Louis Cardinals might fail to win 100 games in a season! Nooooooo!) Instead I played a sad song on a tiny violin in my head for those poor fans. They are the real victims; I realize this now.

Oh, and for those of you reading at home, we won nothing. Again. Robbed for the umpteenth time. They had to draw like three times for the package that included the Doug Davis-signed bat (BAT? For the pitcher?), but to no avail for me. At least it didn't look like any obvious Cardinal fans won. The car went to a guy from Brown Deer. Still, I don't mind too much because the Brewers won their 77th game.

I'm really going to miss baseball this off-season.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

(Imagine a world where the St. Louis Cardinals might fail to win 100 games in a season! Nooooooo!) Instead I played a sad song on a tiny violin in my head for those poor fans. They are the real victims; I realize this now.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

This is classic. I thought how bad it would be to have your top two playoff starters get murdered by the Brewers on back to back nights. The funny thing is, they still have 90+ wins and are the best team in baseball. Hopefully someday soon we're in that position.

Damn it, I'm heading to Milwaukee tomorrow...and I'm primed and ready for an s-word. Our almighty football team which has won 1 championship in almost 40 years might go 0-3 tomorrow - but if the Crew goes a game above 500, I just might dance a jig around Miller Park.

Go Crew and Pack - let's have an instant replay of Saturday - a great day in Wisconsin sports!!

Archived