Brewer Fanatic

9/27/05 Reds (Claussen) @ Crew (Hellling) 6:35 CST

smbrewersfan15
How much longer does Helling go? His pitch count is getting up there. He's probably good for the 6th, but who does Ned go to after that. Considering last night, does he try a new guy (DLR, Obermueller, Santana?) or does he give Eveland or Lehr another shot? This could still get interesting.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ralph...kinda grumpy!

Actually, he's right. We don't need a play-by-play.

Helling also needs to be watched closely - he's up over 100 pitches in his 6th inning of work. If the bullpen hadn't been used and abused so much yesterday, I'd pull him after the inning, but maybe now I'd let him go one more and see what happens.

That first inning was a little shaky for Helling. And when he got behind on the count 3-0 to Kearns I thought we were in for a long night, but he has really looked great. What a surprise these last few games have been.

Lopez... Doh... I've jinxed him... Helling couldnt hit the broad side of barn!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Mentioning the steal by Lee is hardly play by play, its a surprising play and that's why we both commented on it.

As for the discussion of Helling.

Why do certain pitchers (Helling, Glover, Santos) pitch so well during parts of the season? What is the reasoning behind what you all are saying?

Helling has made a string of starts since being promoted that would rival the best string of starts by any Brewer pitcher this season, yet because he's doing it in September it doesn't mean anything. Why would he be performing so well now, and not continue to be able to do so in a full time role next year? Everyone says small sample, but can anyone point out any other Brewer pitcher that has been this sharp and solid over 4-5 straight starts as Helling has?

And, I refuse to accept the fact that Helling is not capable of being a solid starter next year. This is baseball, anything is possible.

As I've been saying for the past two weeks, Helling is a free agent. We're not going to offer him arby, so he's as good as gone.

You're the boss. I just didn't see something that was out of hand and made the mistake of posting something. Sorry. Thought this was supposed to be a fun place.

What are you talking about bucky? No one said anything to you, just that it was true that markwitz didn't need to post a play-by-play, as has been noted at multiple points throught the season.

Do we really need play-by-play? I'm pretty sure that most of us are paying attention to the game in some form or another.

I guess if you are going to post, it would be nice if you could make it something thought-out and constructive.

Isn't that the whole point of an in game thread, to comment on the game. I like to read the in game thread the next day and like to have references of what happened so I know the exact time in the game.

By the way, Ralph, why do you feel like it is your place to tell someone what to post?

Quote:
just didn't see something that was out of hand and made the mistake of posting something. Sorry. Thought this was supposed to be a fun place.

This goes way back with marktwix. He did the same thing on the ESPN board, making other posters mad, causing him to create trolling screen names that basically ruined the board. I guess I should have explained.

Good to see Helms is still productive. Someone will throw a sizable chunk of change at him this offseason.

Archived