Brewer Fanatic

9/28/05 Reds (Harang) @ Crew (Capuano) 6:35 CST

smbrewersfan15

I'm gonna say this while no one is paying attention because I'm somewhat ashamed given that I spent a good year trashing this guy, but I really wish we could have Helms back next year to play the same role he plays this year. He's been a nice fill-in at 1st and 3rd, and an EXCELLENT pinch hitter. There's no way he's worth the money we'd have to pay him to do that, and he wouldn't be satisfied doing it either, but I doubt the guy we get to fill his spot will be as good in his role. Hats off to Wes.

Also, that was a nice little 2 inning send-off for Santos. It was shades of the first 2 1/2 months of the season when he did everything the team could have asked from him. It's too bad it all came crashing down...again.

Boy, we must be getting crushed. I'm getting sappy about all our bad players.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
And I will even admit to meaning that in a non-man crush kind of way

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

I looked. I couldn't find one either. You may have to take the big hair picture yourself.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Hats off to Wes.

I'm still reading (now it's 7 posts to 1000!) and I don't think you need to feel shame. It's OK to realize that Big Wes has found a reasonably useful niche (if a fairly expensive one).

This could be Miller Park Nostalgia night for several of the fellas. Big Wes. Little Wes. Rooter. Vampire. This is not to say I'm hoping for a parade of all of these guys on Thursday.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's okay to feel sappy for the guys who you know aren't going to be here. The Wayne Franklins, the Matt Kinneys, etc. They were all stop gaps or building blocks for what we have today. They did their part.

"Well than game was a big bowl of crap." -Brian

Well very disappointing game, however, we can take tomorrows game and take 3/4 from the Reds which would be a great series. At least we get to see the game tomorrow, friday and hopefully sunday. ( We will keep our fingers crossed)

GO CREW!

Yeah, it stings extra to outhit the opponent, yet get *blown out* scorewise.

It was about a month ago that I stated my little dream of the Brewers clinching 81 wins on September 29. It sucks to come this close and miss the mark. But they are at .500 on September 28. Compared to my memories of 2004, 2002, and other bad seasons back to 1984 (the first really bad season after I started following the Crew), I'll still take this.

And I think I'll save my millennial post for Thursday, preferably after their next win. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

G'night, everybody.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived