Brewer Fanatic

9/28/05 Reds (Harang) @ Crew (Capuano) 6:35 CST

smbrewersfan15

The Crew looks to once again knock around the Reds. Brewers starting pitcher Chris Capuano goes for win #19 tonight as he will be opposed by Reds righty Aaron Harang. I'm excited cause I will be there in person. If Cappy wins tonight he will only become the fourth pitcher in Brewer history to win 19 games(Teddy Higuera, Mike Caldwell and Jim Colborn). Game will once again be on FSN North and the Brewers Radio Network.

Reds SP:

Aaron Harang - 10-13, 3.79 era

2-2, 5.35 era in 6 career starts vs Crew

Brewers SP:

Chris Capuano - 18-10, 3.80 era

1-2, 5.89 era in 3 career starts vs Reds

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's amazing is that Harang pitches for a hitting team, has an ERA a touch less than Cap, but has eight less wins. And before the season people said our bullpen was going to be our downfall...

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

"They are out for blood right now," Claussen said of the Brewers. "They are playing as good as anybody in the big leagues. They are swinging the bats. They are playing good defense. They just beat us."

I want more blood. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Here's to a win and .506.

Edit: Google Image Search the number 506 at your own risk.

Edit 2: This is the best I could come up with:

http://portal.pmmf.hu/portal/images/template/photogallery/gepeszszaknap2/506.jpg

Edit 3: Or maybe this guy:

http://www.sibcol.com/images/card%20506.jpg

Edit 4: There we go:

http://www.aztecraceway.com/images/8-1-04/506.jpg

Quote:
"They are out for blood right now," Claussen said of the Brewers. "They are playing as good as anybody in the big leagues. They are swinging the bats. They are playing good defense. They just beat us."

http://www.ukcps.co.uk/members/JohnstonTiger

Can't make it to the ballpark tonight due to geographical location... Would have been a hell of a birthday, but none the less, i will watch baseball. And i WILL be representing the team with the yellow shirt i got from the big Logo Battle game. Good luck Cappy on 19 and then on 20, we're almost there! I leave you all with this:

Left Field Seats in Petco Park: $20 each on Ebay

Parking Downtown: $20

10 Beers and 3 Dogs: Alot

Getting completely plastered and yelling obscenities at Barry Bonds on your 21st birthday from 5 rows back: Priceless

I did the 506 google search also. Anybody else notice that on page 8 there's a picture of the World Series trophy?

Does 506=champs next year??

Coincidence? I hope not.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

What's amazing is that Harang pitches for a hitting team, has an ERA a touch less than Cap, but has eight less wins.

Harang's "run support" (ESPN/s definition) hasn't been nearly as good as Capuanos:

Harang: 4.32 (37th of 50 qualified pitchers)

Capuano:6.61 (6th of 50)

Harang has also had 19 quality starts, to Caps' 16.

It's all around run support.

On another note, if the Crew wins tonight:

81or more wins: 96%

82 or more: 77%

83 or more: 41%

84 wins: 10%

Thanks for the numbers, rluz. I figured it was run support or fielders' errors, or something else a pitcher can't really help a whole lot. Without looking at the numbers it just seemed odd that anyone on the Reds pitching staff would have poor run support.

Being only 26, I don't ever remember being more excited about the Brewers in September than I did in June. Keep the wins coming and make the Brewer fans Dream On.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Lineups

Cincinnati Milwaukee ---------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- LF Freel, Ryan 4 19 .269 CF Clark, Brady 13 51 .306 SS Lopez, Felipe 21 77 .288 SS Hardy, JJ 8 49 .241 1B Dunn, Adam 38 97 .250 1B Overbay, Lyle 19 72 .278 2B Aurilia, Rich 14 65 .279 LF Lee, Carlos 32 113 .267 RF Kearns, Austin 16 64 .238 RF Jenkins, Geoff 24 84 .292 C LaRue, Jason 14 60 .264 3B Hall, Bill 17 61 .289 CF Pena, Wily Mo 19 51 .256 2B Weeks, Rickie 13 42 .242 3B Encarnacion, Edwin 8 28 .226 C Miller, Damian 8 40 .266 P Harang, Aaron (10-13, 3.79) P Capuano, Chris (18-10, 3.80) 

edit: pretty lineups

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived