Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thurs. 7/5 - Latest: Parra, Caufield Updates

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Mass, Inman's ERA is still 8+. While his outing did not suck, he has overall. "Settling in" may be a bit more optimistic than truthful at this point.

I haven't commented on Inman specifically in a while -- where are you grabbing that comment from, Al?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Jim, it was Pogo who said "slowly turning around". My memory recalled it as the other, and I just assumed it was you since it was the post that included the link to the box score.

I probably still hold Zach Jackson as a better prospect than Inman, so I'm in the vast minority. If Wil was 6-5, I'd love him...but he's not.

I probably still hold Zach Jackson as a better prospect than Inman, so I'm in the vast minority. If Wil was 6-5, I'd love him...but he's not.

and I've never been high on Jackson, and consider him a 6th inning reliever at best. Will will be fine. He just had the first 2 or 3 hiccups of his entire pro career.

I am not sure how there can even be a comparison between Inman and Jackson. Inman has dominated at every level thus far. Jackson really has not nor is he much of a strikeout pitcher for his size. I hope Jackson becomes a decent reliever but at this point, I think that is best case scenario. Inman still could be a top tier starter.

Inman's ERA is still 8+. While his outing did not suck, he has overall. "Settling in" may be a bit more optimistic than truthful at this point.

That's an odd statement to make after all of 22 IP in AA. The strike outs and lack of walked batters are still there. Really, he's just given up a lot more hits and home runs than normal, which is to be expected when you move up a level, especially when you move up to AA at 20 years of age.

Actually, one other thing that has been out of whack since his move to AA has been his GB/FB ratio. Will Inman Fan, do you know if the Brewers are having Will work at putting more sink on his fastball? Will has always been a fly ball pitcher, but he's been predominately given up ground balls in his short stay thusfar in Huntsville.

One more thing... it is getting to the point where the Brewers might have to make room for Balfour in the bullpen in Milwaukee. His numbers are just downright sick.

I probably still hold Zach Jackson as a better prospect than Inman, so I'm in the vast minority.

I am very surprised to hear that, honestly. Aside from sixty innings or so in the Florida State League, Jackson's never had an ERA the right side of 4...what is more troubling is that he's not a big K guy either. I don't see it...whatever Inman's physical limitations may be, he's at least missed a lot of bats, and that's probably the best predictor of success going forward. Inman's facing his first adversity, but he's a very young pitcher in his first taste of AA, so that's hardly a shocker.

Quote:
If Wil was 6-5, I'd love him...but he's not.

Dad of Andrew,

I only have 3 things to say to you

1. Will can't be 6-5 b/c he hasn't pitched 11 games in AA

2. Who are YOU to say that Will Sucks? I think that is a little harsh being that you have never commented on him before!

3. Are you one of the people from Danville, VA that are only on the Will Inman Bandwagon win he is winning? From your quote that's what it sounds like!

Archived