Brewer Fanatic

9/30/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Pirates (Perez) 6:05 CST

The Brewers coming off a 7-3 homestand head out on there final road trip of the year. Doug Davis takes the hill tonite with a quest to help the brewers complete there first winning season since 1992. Davis has been nothing short of dependable where as his run support has been sporadic at best. Coming in to tonite's matchup aganst the Pirates and Oliver Perez, Davis has a 11-11 record and a 3.85 ERA in 2005. A win tonite aganst the Pirates will push Davis to 12-11 and put a cherry on top of a darn good season.

The Pirates send Oliver Perez to the mound tonite. Perez's season has been nothing short of a disaster. A mix of bad outings and DL stints has put this Pirates ace out of what many thought could have been a great season. Entering tonite's matchup Perez has a 7-5, with a 5.97 ERA in 2005. Most of the damage coming before he went on the DL. Perez has been touched up by the Brewers he is 0-1 this season with a 10.80 ERA lets hope the good times continue to roll tonite and the brewers keep the march to 83 wins going.

TV/Radio

As always you can listen to the brewers on the brewers radio network or on FSN North. So grab your cardboard O's and your Carlos Lee horses and lets cheer on the Brewers.

On deck? Saturday: at Pirates, 6:05 p.m. CT

? Sunday: at Pirates, 12:35 p.m. CT

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is absolutely no reason why we can't win two out of three against these guys... if only we were playing them at Miller Park, and not at our personal Waterloo.

Somewhat off topic, but the game hasn't started yet: Princeginterhallhelms04, how are the 'Hawks doing in the WIAC this year? Haven't really been following the Alma Mater in football much.

Perez scares me. He's awesome, and he pitched pretty well in his last start. I'll bet this is a nailbiter and, sorry hawing, a ND for Doug.

_____________________________________-

Perez's control doesn't. I'm sure the brewers will come out swinging and Perez will graciuosly offer something to hit.

NOTE: Are the buccos trying to piece together an all lefty starting rotation?

I am so excited for this game!!!

I am just upset I have to wait 4 hours to watch it.

Maybe if I start boozing now time will go faster.

I've already warned my friends I am watching the game with

I am either going to be ecstatic or extremely depressed so they have to deal with me. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

GO CREW!

Milwaukee Pittsburgh --------- ---------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Clark, Brady 13 53 .308 2B Sanchez, Freddy 5 33 .288 SS Hardy, JJ 9 50 .242 SS Wilson, Jack 8 52 .257 1B Overbay, Lyle 19 72 .278 LF Bay, Jason 32 100 .306 LF Lee, Carlos 32 113 .264 RF Wilson, Craig 4 20 .257 RF Jenkins, Geoff 24 84 .291 1B Eldred, Brad 12 27 .235 2B Hall, Bill 17 62 .293 C Cota, Humberto 7 40 .236 3B Cirillo, Jeff 4 22 .287 3B Bautista, Jose 0 1 .143 C Moeller, Chad 7 23 .209 CF McLouth, Nate 4 9 .253 P Davis, Doug (11-11, 3.85) P Perez, Oliver (7-5, 5.97) 

Archived