Brewer Fanatic

10/2/05 Brewers (Capuano) @ Pirates (Duke) 12:35 CT

BrewCrewForever

One more thing...

Today, the Brewers had two innings to give to the bullpen, and they could choose anyone they wanted and not have to worry about resting them for the next few days. And who did they choose for those 2 innings? Gary freakin' Glover. That was our best option. I REALLY hope we shore-up that bullpen this offseason, and don't spend much money in the process.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ Howard dominated AAA for the Phillies last year and had a solid Fall League, but the Phillies didn't trade Thome to make room for him. I understand it's different, as Thome is vastly superior to Overbay, but it goes to show that Overbay doesn't have to be traded ]

It also made Howard uber-angry, if you remember the media reports at the time.

Ok. I've had time to digest the Pittsburgh series. I feel better now. I had hoped for between 74 to 78 wins this year. We got 81. We broke a 12 year skid of losing. We played above my expectations. When's the last time you felt the right to be selfish about the Brewers? Ironically enough, when teams improve and show a bright future, fans get selfish. This is yet another sign that Brewer fans believe. I'm not going to let a loss to the Pirates get me down, I'm going to look back on a great season and look towards October baseball as a possibility next year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived