Brewer Fanatic

03/08/06 Milwaukee vs. Kansas City @ 2 pm

fondybrewfan

Phoenix - First baseman Prince Fielder, sidelined since Saturday with a strained right elbow, will return to the Milwaukee starting lineup during an exhibition game against Kansas City this afternoon at Maryvale Baseball Park. Here is the complete lineup:

1. Brady Clark, cf.

2. Zach Sorensen, ss

3. Rickie Weeks, 2b

4. Nelson Cruz, rf

5. Prince Fielder, 1b

6. Bill Hall, 3b

7. Gabe Gross, lf

8. Damian Miller, c

9. Dave Bush, p.

Other pitchers: Zach Jackson, Jason Kershner, Jose Capellan, Matt Wise, Dan Kolb, Wilfredo Rodriguez.

I am looking forward to seeing Bush's secnd outing and that of Jackson as well. Also Fielder returns to the lineup.

Nice mix of young'ins and vets in today's starting line-up. Interesting that Weeks is in the #3-hole, as I think he could be the prototypical #3 hitter soon. I'm also looking forward to the Nelson Cruz experience. Hopefully Nelson or Corey can make Carlos Lee some incredible trade bait this season.

I am REALLY hoping for a running play by play today as I'm stuck at work with no way to get updates without this wonderful site. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Any takers?

AND the feed seems to be working today.. Try tuning it in 15 or so minutes before the start of the broadcast and you'll hear interesting things, like Kent Sommerfeld giving out his cell phone number..

Good to have Prince back..

I'll try to do a PbP again for a bit:

Brewers Lineup

1. Brady Clark, cf.

2. Zach Sorensen, ss

3. Rickie Weeks, 2b

4. Nelson Cruz, rf

5. Prince Fielder, 1b

6. Bill Hall, 3b

7. Gabe Gross, lf

8. Damian Miller, c

9. Dave Bush, p.

Royals

1. DeJesus CF

2. Grudzielanek 2b

3. Mientkiewicz 1b

4. Sanders LF

5. Teahen 3b

6. Brown RF

7. Berroa SS

8. Buck C

9. Mays P

Top 1

Bush Pitching

DeJesus F-8

Grudzielanek 1b

Mientkiewicz 1b

Grudzielanek to 3b

Sanders K

Bottom 1

Mays Pitching

Clark 2b

Sorensen 4-3

Clark to 3b

Weeks BB

Cruz 3b RBI (Off batter's eye in CF)

Weeks CS 2-4 during Cruz's AB

Clark Scores

Fielder HR to RF

Cruz scores

Hall K

Score 3-0 Brewers

Top 2

Bush pitching

Teahen

Brown one of these two got on, one got out, I missed it :(

Berroa 1b

Buck F-7

Mays 3 unassisted

Bottom 2

Mays still P

Gross K

Schroeder mentions 'Eye of the Tiger'

Miller out when i left comp for a sec! boy, first pitch swinger!

Bush K

boy, i'm not too good at this yet, hehe.

Top 3

Gross P

DeJesus 1b gb to RF

Grudzielanek 5-4-3 DP

Mientkiewicz 4-3

Bottom 3

Clark 2b

Sorensen F-4

Weeks FC - Clark out @ 3b - doh

David Eckstein love

Cruz K

Ok, i'm out. take care folks

I was at Goolsby's last night after the UWM game, and one of the guys at our table tried telling me that the Brewers should have traded Fielder and kept Overbay. After the perverbial "Are you out of your mind?" I decided not to get into a big argument, especially after watching a great basketball game. So I just got up and left.

It amazes me that there are still so many uninformed Brewer fans out there. He tried telling me how he won't be that good of a hitter for average and how his defense is atrocious. I did make one small point about how his bat will more than compensate for whatever shortcomings he might have with the glove. But then I thought of Murphy's 23rd law: "Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference." I almost lost it, but calmer heads prevailed. Good thing, too because it could have gotten ugly. For him, not me.

Lee just K'd with a guy on

4-4 against Cuba

Sorry, I know its off topic but ppl like to know how Lee is doing.

He has K'd twice, one single (RBI - i think) and HBP.

What a great afternoon - I'm gonna listen to the Brewers while watching the USA take on Canada. Gotta love the couple days before spring break - not much to do. One of the advantages of being in college and not at a job like mikerollins :)

Lee got a hit, but got a run (not an RBI). His hit was very ugly too. A check swing that looked like it made accidental contact and was surprised it went down the line to right. He probably should have had a double, but he was so surprised he didn't get a good jump off of home.

Two things I've learned so far in spring training:

1) Brady Clark still sucks on the basepaths and neither he nor Ned understand.

2) Chad Moeller can't stop anything that hits the dirt. In fact I'd love to have a contest where the first person with evidence of "Pitch in the Dirt, Moeller blocks it" would get a prize. Every time I listen to the games or watch them I hear "Pitch in the dirt, gets by Moeller for a WP". I swear the man can't block a single ball in the dirt. You'd think by chance one or two balls would bounce off his feet at least and stay in front of him. [/end rant]

Thanks for the start istanbultaye.

Is anyone else listening? Those of us without MLB access can only get the limited scoreboards. I know Gross hit one out, and the Crew scored 2 in the 5th, but some more info would be great - like how Zack J pitched, etc.

(looks like Zack J. gave up a couple, but how?)

jackson got the first 2 out in his 2nd inning of work. The pitcher got a cheap single to center,, and the next couple guys got solid hits. Fielder somewhat misplayed a ball that was hit between him and Weeks, he went to play it when Weeks easily would have had it, that allowed the inning to continue also. He came back and pitched a 1-2-3 3rd inning of work.

Matt Wise pitching now Top 7

Someone...K

Don't know who: F2 (2nd out of the inning)

Murphy: BB

Not sure who: K

Mike MacDougal now pitching Bottom 7

Corprun (sp?): (sorry I missed this one)

Nelson: HBP

Nelson SB

Clark: BB

Sorensen?: BB

Weeks with bases full of Brewers: FC 6-4 RBI 6-2 Brewers

Cruz: 4-3

Top 8:Kolb pitching

Allen Single

I gotta get going....sorry for the weak scoring methods

Quote:
way to go kolb

hopefully his job was not locked in

Is this not a meaningless Spring Training game? Could Kolb be working through the mechanical issues that plagued him last year? Are we willing to give the guy more than a few sporadic early Spring Training innings before we decide to send him to the guillotine?

If you find yourself answering "no" to any of these questions, it's time to take a step back, turn off the radio and wait until April.

Archived