Brewer Fanatic

03/12/06: Capuano (Brewers) vs. Maddux (Cubs) 2.05 CT on FSN

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Playing the Cubs with an arm tied behind our back... they get a DH, we have Ohka swinging the stick

Why is this?

They said on TMJ it was Ned's choice. He wants his pitchers batting

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Quote:
Just turned the game on and Heard J.J is out? How long for?

From JSOnline.com

Quote:
Milwaukee Brewers shortstop J.J. Hardy was scratched from the starting lineup on Sunday when he experienced back spasms during the pre-game workout. Bill Hall, who was scheduled to play left field, moved to shortstop and Gabe Gross took Hall's place in the outfield.

Hardy's condition will be evaluated daily.

apparently the Scrubs don't want us scouting their pitchers when they hit. Lord knows we shouldn't know how to pitcjh to Greg Maddux and a chorus of minor leaguers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

20 minutes into the first broadcast and we have our first Schroeder slam.

It wasn't really meant as a slam, personally, I kind of like Schroeder, and all his goofyness and "I'm a manly man" persona...however, I didn't need to be reminded that someone is a gamer because he went after a foul ball. It wasn't a slam, just one of those "thanks for that observation, Bill" sarcasms.

And besides, since when do we have to wait until the first tv game to start the Schroeder bashing..it seems to be a year-round event for many people, http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
The catcher for the Cubs today is the grandson of one of my clients. Catching a future hall of famer is something to be proud of.

Casey Kopitzke's dad was my little league coach one year. Nice to see he's doing good in the few at bats he's had this spring. He's great behind the plate, his hitting just needs to come around. Casey's brother Chad was actually a pitcher in the Brewers organization a few years ago.

[ Is it safe to say Ben Hendrickson doesn't have a future with the Brewers? ]

Maybe it is time for a change of scenery for lil' Ben. I just don't get it. He mowed everyone down on his way up (including AAA), and then after getting rocked in Milwaukee in 2004, just fell apart. It's gotta be mental, you'd think.

Capellan could be huge as a setup guy

If Kolb and him pan out,you mix in Wise/Turnbow,we could have an outstanding pen.Plus,Kane Davis throws 95-96 and it's possible that Maddux can get him more consistant.Lehr is decent and de la Rosa has the stuff if he can ever harness it.I have high hopes for this part of the team.

If Moeller does not make the team, I would assume it will be Rivera or Johnson but if they give him more chances to catch I hope they give the hometown kid Rottino a shot to be Miller's backup. If Rottino makes it as the backup we could have 3 guys Hall, Hart, and Rottino that all can play a bunch of different positions.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived