Brewer Fanatic

03/16/06: Brewers (Fernandez) vs. A's, 2:00 PM, MLB Audio

Mass Haas

This game reminded me of those old Brewers vs. Cubs games back when neither team had any pitching and no lead was safe and something crazy would always happen to prevent the final out from happening.

Remember those games?

Did Barton start the game?

I think you're harping on Bill Schroeder just a bit because I don't think you like his style, and are perhaps still peeved about the Fielder interview.

I think you're wrong. I'm harping on him because he was basically the only person saying that Eveland was competing for a spot on the MLB roster. He hasn't even seen AAA yet.

Quote:
I think you're wrong. I'm harping on him because he was basically the only person saying that Eveland was competing for a spot on the MLB roster. He hasn't even seen AAA yet.

Actually, I have heard Doug Melvin mention a few times that they were looking at him as a possible 5th starter this year or lefty out of the pen. However I agree that AAA is best for him right now as he needs to be starting and he can't do it for Milwaukee right now.

[

Quote:
Is anyone else getting real nervous about Turnbow, because I am. 5 runs today in the 9th? I know it's just spring training, but I also know last year was only one year. I just hope he's not a flash in the pan.

I am a little worried by some performances, but it is still early enough that the pitchers are working on things. For me there performance starts to matter more after the day off on Monday. From there they have about 12 games left, so just over 2 times through the rotation and 2 weeks to the opener. Then I will start worrying if performances are still subpar.

Quote:
of course the day when Moeller really had to do something offensive before he loses his spot to Rivera, he goes 4-5 with two doubles. UGH!

Patience, my friends. Moeller will be free and bagging your groceries soon enough http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Is anyone else getting real nervous about Turnbow, because I am. 5 runs today in the 9th? I know it's just spring training, but I also know last year was only one year. I just hope he's not a flash in the pan.

I'm not worried since I don't know what he's been throwing. Dude was awesome last year in a much bigger sample. Maybe they have him working on something new: that's always my first guess when a guy had a great year and then gets lit in spring training.

I'm also not sure how he traditionally gets going, is he a slow starter?

Archived