Brewer Fanatic

3/21/06 Brewers (Capuano) at Cubs, 2:00 PM, MLB Audio?

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yes it rained and everyone got really wet since the only place to escape the rain at most of that stadium is in the bathrooms.

JJ Hardy was throwing some mean knucklers to Bill Hall during pre game.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

justin lehr pitced the 6th and final inning todat... 1,2,3 inning again... has he done enough to head north or will the fact that kane davis, who has pitched well this spring, get the spot in the pen since davis is out of options and lehr has one more??

Gross has his leftiness in his favor.

As for the pitching, I'm all for keeping the guys without options first. Quantity counts. Players who are optioned will get their shots soon enough.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

"""""""""""As for the pitching, I'm all for keeping the guys without options first. Quantity counts. Players who are optioned will get their shots soon enough. """"""""""""'

the marching orders for this year i thought, were to keep the 25 players that help you win from opening day, whether they have options or not...... which brings me to the question re: kolb's status.... i know he signed for some big money, at least compared to what he's worth, in my opinion. but, what if he cant get people out.... does he get paid the same big money if he goes to AAA? or will $$ be a factor in it...or is he a lock despite his dismal spring on the heels of 1 and a half bad years.....

Casey, I agree 100% on the options...who said life was fair?

If Davis stays and Lehr goes down, you have one pitcher in the bigs and one at AAA with similar skills. If you keep Lehr, you lose Davis as a FA, you have one instead of two.

That's as easy of a call as you can find, unless Lehr shows he's a step or two upgrade from K Davis.

They won't send Kolb out anyway. The only way he goes anywhere is if he gets DFA'ed. Regardless of his spring showing, he'll get a shot to pitch in the 7th-8th innings in Milwaukee, at least until he fails at that.

the marching orders for this year i thought, were to keep the 25 players that help you win from opening day, whether they have options or not
Over the winter and during spring training, a GM should really be looking for about 30 players (maybe more?) who'll be able to help the team over the course of 162 games. If the guys without options fall within that group, they should be kept on Opening Day.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived