Brewer Fanatic

3/22/06 Brewers (Ohka) vs. Rangers, 2:00 PM, MLB Audio

Mass Haas

Actually, errors by pitchers do not result in earned runs. Pulled this definition down:

In baseball, an earned run is any run for which the pitcher is held accountable (i.e. the run did not score as a result of a fielding error or a passed ball). If a run is not earned, it is an unearned run. Even if a runner scores on a fielding error by the pitcher himself, it is an unearned run.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the game...Ohka did look sharp. gave up 2 earned. Hall made a good stop, but a horrid throw. The shoestring attempt by jenkins, it appeared he pulled up. During the season I am sure he would dive for the ball.

Gross' homer almost hit the fence behind the wall. Jenkins double hit the top of the batters eye. Maybe Koskie can break the record for most homers by a brewer 3b (Helms with 23).

Archived