Brewer Fanatic

3/22/06 Brewers (Ohka) vs. Rangers, 2:00 PM, MLB Audio

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Only Bill Hall and Brady Clark have more plate appearances than Gabe Gross this spring...

Drew Olson:

Phoenix - - Right-hander Tomo Ohka struggled to command his pitches last week and the results weren't pretty; he gave up seven runs and 11 hits in four innings against Kansas City.

"The quality strikes weren't there today,'' manager Ned Yost said after Ohka's outing. "He was throwing too many pitches down the middle. He threw the ball fine. He threw too many pitches down the middle...You can fine-tune off that... it's just part of the process of spring training.''

Ohka will continue the fine-tuning process with a five-inning, 80-pitch stint against Texas today at Maryvale Baseball Park.

Here is the Brewers' lineup for today:

1, Brady Clark, cf

2, J.J. Hardy, ss

3, Corey Koskie, 3b

4, Geoff Jenkins, rf

5, Bill Hall, 2b

6, Jeff Cirillo, 1b

7, Gabe Gross, lf

8, Damian Miller, c

9, Tomo Ohka, p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to suggest that the moderators consider pinning the current day's game thread. I just commented in yesterday's thread, bumping it above this one.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I see that the game is not on the radio today in the Madison area....Is it on WTMJ????

There are NO weekday games available on radio. All are webcasts. Only weekend games are broadcast by TMJ.

LOL.. I thought it was the "Alphonse and Gastone" play. I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it, you take it. Ohka is just blowing through their starting line up (at least first time through.) We'll see how he does second time through the line up.

I have to believe we see Cruz up earlier than expected if Gross Flops

how can Gross flop? He might get 100 at bats this year. He might get 20 starts. His job is to be a left-handed bat off the bench, and the emergency OF.

I agree with the Sorensen statement. I'm just saying Abernathy's making a nice statement for himself that's all. He's doing his job, making it tough to send him down. The old adage is if you can rake, they'll find you a spot. Does he have the option to refuse a minor league assignment?

Koskie jacks. 3-2. Jenkins with a monster double off the wall.

Archived