Brewer Fanatic

3/27 Rockies (Francis) @ Brewers (Fernadez) CST TV!

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Overbay's defense was overrated. (weeks just scored, he has some wheels) Last year, O was just below average in most defensive catagories. I'm thinking that we'll have to see the positioning of all of our guys which may be slightly different than last year's positioning.

I forget the name of our bench coach last year... tip of my tongue... aaaaaughhhh

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Not to turn this into Overbay but this is interesting imo:

"Last year, I struggled," Overbay said. "Those are the kinds of things I look back and know I can do better. There's always room for improvement."

This spring, Overbay's numbers indicate that he is struggling again. So far, the left-hander is hitting .217 with six RBIs in 16 games. Overbay said that he's been taking a slower approach during his first Spring Training in the American League, though, in order to try and get more accustomed to some of the pitchers he'll be seeing throughout the year.

"Guys use Spring Training for different things," Overbay said. "For me, going to another league and facing new pitchers, I want to see as many pitches as possible. So I'm not going to be as aggressive. I want to know what they are -- if they have a breaking ball or what their stuff is doing."

Not to be negative already but this Fernandez guy is throwing B.P. There isn't much deception involved with his pitch. Makes you realize pretty quickly how this dude is a career minor leaguer. His ERA in the minors was even over 4. I don't know, I'm really not impressed. I would rather have another power arm in the pen than this guy. If he does make the team, he's best suited as a 1-inning guy NOT a multiple inning pitcher because it seems he's easy to catch up with the second time around.

Umm, yeah.

I think the Jared Fernandez experiment should be officially over.

Its not the beginning of spring anymore and the Rockies Double A team is Rocking him around, no pun intended, including two basehits by their pitcher.

Ive never been a fan of knuckleballers and tonights showing confirmed my belief as to why.

Id be real scared to go into the season with him as our long reliever.

Nothing personal against those who like him, but I just dont think he has what it takes as a knuckleballer against the likes of offensive teams such as St Louis, Cincy and Chicago.

I totally agree there. If the Rockies are using him as B.P. practice, i would dread seeing Pujols, Griffey, Lee/Ramirez, Rolen, etc. tee off against this fella.

P.S. He needs a trim in the back of his hair. Mistaking his mop for a mullet pretty soon.

I'm sorry but Weeks just looks silly on defense.

Are you saying he looks silly period, on every play? Granted, that throw wasnt needed, just like Hardys throw to home yesterday.

However, Id like to point out the great play he made on the roller up the middle that Fernandez got a piece of, that he changed direction a bit, gobbled nicely and gunned down a speedy baserunner.

Weeks wont look pretty at times, but his talent will allow him to make plays that some cannot, weve got to look at that as well, instead of the negative things he does, or will do.

PS. wanted to add one thing. If he can hit close to 300, draw some walks and hit 25 homers this season, I will take a silly play once in a while.

Archived