Brewer Fanatic

Minor Transactions, May, Bausher to Beloit; Thread Closed

Thanks as always for the heads up MB. That means we'll get to see what Murray is made of on Sunday.

Unfortunately, Ballouli was the pitcher we were scheduled to see if he wouldn't have gone done with his own injury. Now we get LatinPrincess' b-friend in Luis Pena I believe (I promise not to heckle him http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ).

Speaking of which, LatinPrincess, if you're still out there, you should tell Luis to come join us for a little pre-game meal. Nothing says "shut-out" like a couple of brats http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RHP Ben Diggins was officially placed on the Huntsville DL on May 12th with a "tired arm". David Weiser had indicated on his site that Diggins will likely miss a couple of starts.

This is for all the die-hard followers of the Brewers? Summer Latin Leagues, and for squarepusher, who I hope will process the transactions within the Brewerfan Player Index database for me later today/tonight http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Five young Venezuealan prospects who were originally assigned to the Brewers? Arizona Rookie League team upon signing their initial contracts have been re-assigned to the Brewers? Venezuelan Summer League. This shortens up the roster of the Arizona squad prior to the June amateur draft. Sent to the VSL:

RHP?s Miguel Ochoa and Juan Garrido

C Yonnata Lopez

OF Joel Guaimaro

IF Jose Rodriguez

In addition, five players have been assigned to the Dominican Summer League from the Venezuelan Summer League:

LHP?s Luis Camacho, Cesar Ibarra, and Luis Mendoza

C Jose Leon

OF Julio Arriete

Three players go the other route, from the DSL to the VSL:

RHP Greg Millan

Norberto Uzcategui

Robinsson Zerpa

For a few of these players, we don?t have age info, position info, etc. Brian (squarepusher) is normally good at tracking the roster information down once the latin summer seasons begin. Since the Brewers don?t carry information on these players in their media guide or web site, Brewerfan is among the only sources (in English, anyway http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) for you to find information on the next Valerio De Los Santos or Luis Martinez (who pitched in 11 games in his only DSL season in 1997).

Finally, two 18-year old RHP?s from Venezuela were released by the Brewers:

Erick Gori, who pitched in the VSL last year

Geovani Rodriguez, who saw VSL action in 2001 and 2002

Toby could probably confirm, but it seems that the DSL is considered by the Brewers to be a more advanced league.

For information on all the players still in the Brewers? system, you only need to click on their name within the roster page of each team?s section here at Brewerfan.

Here's the Indianapolis Press Release on Jim Rushford's return:

www.indyindians.com/press..._1503.html

Expect Rushford to see quite a bit of time at first base.

Infielder Scott Seabol was released from the Indy roster to make room for Rushford. Seabol, who will be 28 on Saturday, hit .235 with a .560 OPS in 81 AB's, playing mostly first base, with some third base and outfield as well.

It appears as though the Brewers have chosen to accept a PTBNL in the Mike Nicolas deal with Boston. You all remember Nicolas, the RH reliever with various off-the-field baggage, who was claimed from San Diego and was immediately shipped to the Red Sox.

25-year-old LHP Brian Adams, the 1999 8th round selection of the Red Sox out of Liberty University, has been outrighted by Boston to Huntsville.

Adams had a 3.23 ERA in 83 games (13 starts) in his pro career prior to this season. For his career, he has allowed fewer hits than IP (198 in 208.2), walking 92, striking out 143 (so the BB/K and K/IP ratios don't point to him as a fireballer). Maybe most impressive is that he's only allowed six HR's in those 208.2 IP.

LHP Brian Adams Career Stats:

www.sports-wired.com/mlb/...sp?ID=4349

In 2003 at AA Portland, he has struggled with control in seven short relief stints, perhaps fitting in that he arrived in exchange for Nicolas, who's been known for his own version of lack of self-control http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

Brian Adams 2003 Numbers:

www.baseballamerica.com/c...s%2C+brian

And yes, we now have Corey Hart and Brian Adams in Huntsville. I think I saw Hart open for Adams at the Boston Garden in 1985 -- rockin' show. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Community Moderator

Adams had a 3.23 ERA in 83 games (13 starts) in his pro career prior to this season.

Really can't complain about the deal at all, then. We got a decent pitching prospect for claiming a mental case.... not a bad deal.

And yes, we now have Corey Hart and Brian Adams in Huntsville. I think I saw Hart open for Adams at the Boston Garden in 1985 -- rockin' show.

That's moderately creepy. Huntsville is becoming an 80's wuss-rock revival stop.

LMAO!

Toby could probably confirm, but it seems that the DSL is considered by the Brewers to be a more advanced league.

This is true. A good comparison would be High Desert vs. Beloit. The Brewers don't (or, didn't, and now may or may not) have a full team in the VSL, they've shared the team with various clubs over the years, and the team is not usually in the same city two years in a row. I think they shared the team with Boston last season, and I seem to recall the Twins being involved a couple of years ago.

Thank goodness he meets our model citizen standards. I'd hate to win with guys that I'd hesitate to take home to Mom.

Just curious, where would you draw the line, Al? Attempted murder?

[ Thank goodness he meets our model citizen standards. I'd hate to win with guys that I'd hesitate to take home to Mom. ]

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5073.jpg

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/5992.jpg

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6508.jpg

http://www.santanatech.com/students/carl/images/t1_caminiti_canseco_all-01.jpg

It's no doubt that off the field problems can affect on-field play. Why risk it?... there's a big difference as well between "can be pretentious at times" and "criminal" and "sexual deviant that scares off teammates"

I humbly submit the following promotion proposal. starting in Beloit Chas Terni to HD, Johnny Rayburn to Huntsville, Rich Paz to Indy. As a final step depending on you preferences Veras can be replaced at 3rd by Luuloa, Luuloa could be released or any number of situations, but in the end it gets a couple of guys who might be utility prospects moving through the system before they get too old and hopefully adds soem talent to places that could use it.

Adams reminds me a little of Derek Lee, who probably should have been higher up in the system and even a contender for the rotation eventually. A control pitcher, left-handed, maybe a #5 starter, who does not give up the gopher ball and pitches to contact.

The already very thin ranks of the outfielders at the Brewers' Rookie League level just got a little thinner. Following up Stephen Hunt's retirement of a couple of weeks back, OF Tommy Carrow voluntarily retired on May 10th, and has been removed from the Helena roster.

Carrow, who will be 22 on July 31st, was the Brewers' 37th round draft choice in 2001 out of the University of Tampa. He became a Brewerfan.net legend and fan favorite when he registered a .447 OBP with Ogden in 2001. We all waited for the magic to continue in 2002 at Beloit, but it never did, and playing time for Carrow became pretty sporadic.

We wish Tommy well in the future. Thanks to the Brewers' front office staff for responding so quickly when we inquired about Carrow's status (having noticed that he had been removed from the Helena roster on the team's website this week).

Tommy Carrow Brewerfan Player Profile Page:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewPla...ayerId=100

Toby's Tommy Carrow Power 50 Comments, 2002:

www.brewerfan.net/ViewPow...ayerId=100

High Desert added another pitcher to its staff Friday, as the Brewers signed LHP Jeff Hundley. The Warren, Ohio native is 27-39 with a 4.49 ERA over five years as a starter and a reliever. The 26-year-old was a 7th round draft pick by Anaheim in 1998 out of Bowling Green University. He has experience at AA and AAA as well.

LHP Jeff Hundley Career Statistics:

www.sports-wired.com/mlb/...sp?ID=5739

The Mavericks also activated SS Ozzie Chavez from the disabled list, his broken right hand now healed.

Huntsville RHP Ben Hendrickson is officially back on the DL, as of 5/18. We haven't heard any ominous reports, just that more rest and rehab is needed on his forearm / elbow area. Certainly caution is the way to go here...

One would hope that given that we have farm system depth now injured prospects won't feel those kind of pressures to return to quickly since they are the man. Can't wait for Ben to get healthy again.

I checked backwards in the thread and didn't see this, and I'm not sure when it happened, but according to Baseball America, Dan Kolb is no longer with the Mavericks, which might explain the Hundley signing. Not sure where he is, but he's apparently not there. Does this mean we are down to one Dan Kolb? That's sad.

EDIT: Dan Kolb pitched last night, so BA just must be hating on him. Does anyone have a middle name on this guy? He needs a nickname to differentiate himself from the other one.

BA lists both Dan Kolb's pretty clearly, one at Indy, one at High Desert. Not sure what you're "not" seeing, Tobester.

SS Josh Murray has been moved from the Beloit to the Helena roster. Details here from the Snappers site:

www.snappersbaseball.com/...7d8571ef1e

Just a paperwork note here, mentioning that young Venezuelan OF Octavio Amaya, an offseason signee, was taken out of the the Arizona / Helena mix when he was assigned to the DSL earlier this week.

Archived