Brewer Fanatic

Beloit Snappers Question

Hi, I know they aren't a Brewers affiliate, but I am hoping you can answer this anyway.

I have tickets to their game August 12, they are giving away 500 Prince Fielder bobbleheads. I really want to get one, I am just wondering when I can/should show up to the park. It is a 3500 capacity house, so only 1/7 is getting one. The game is at 2:00.

When should I show up, or how early can I get in? Will there be a line outside do you think? I've never been there, I don't know how crazy they are about the bobblers down there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

When they were a Brewers affiliate, we always got there about 2-2 1/2 hours before the game. We usually were in line within the first hundred or so people. There was always a high-demand for these things, and there was a line.

That said, I have no idea how it is now, since I haven't been to a game since the affiliation change.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I've never seen an overabundance of attendees at Snappers games, which is why they've been calling for a new park closer to I-90, which in turn (in failing to get the new park) is why the Brewers now reside in a different location.

That being said, it wouldn't overly surprise me to see some of the bobbleheads go unclaimed. I'd hate to be the reason you didn't get a bobblehead, so I don't want to mislead you, but I'd assume that if you got there an hour ahead of the game you wouldn't have any problem being one of the first 500.

I would suggest that you call the ticket office and see if there are any picnics going on that day. If one or two area companies are having picnics on the beer deck, that could cause a couple hundred people to get there early, as the picnics start well ahead of the game (they wouldn't be standing in line, they'd already be in the park).

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

This has been brought up in the Trading Post forum. I don't recall exactly what time people were suggesting, but I do believe you're going to need to get there several hours early. If I remember right, perhaps even three or four hours early. There was also talk of them doing some sort of lottery for them, I don't know if this was true or not. Search through the Trading Post for more info, unless someone can link the thread here.

I looked but I couldn't find anything. I just wish I knew what time would be safe. Whatever it is, I'll be there, even if it's 8am. With 500 of those things they are going to be quite the treasure.

I have a question though, as I've never been to the park...is there a parking lot? Does it open at a certain time or can you get in whatever? Could I park on a street and just wait next to the stadium or what?

I have attended all of the Snappers bobblehead games, including the one earlier this year, and you are going to have to arrive well before the gate open if you want one of these Prince bobbles. There is a parking lot along with parking on the street by the stadium. In addition, this year, they are making you stay until the 5th inning to claim your bobblehead in an attempt to get more people to stay and buy concessions.

Archived