Brewer Fanatic

Suggestion: Replace Weeks with Gwynn on the roster

AJAY

How about we trade Gwynn while he still has some value off his name recognition. He has no future with this team.

Amen Brother, nothing like getting rid of a defense of replacement that might steal some bases for an arm or two.

Calling San Diego you need another weak hitting Gywnn.

Although they'll need a major upgrade at 2nd base this year (which I assume will be a healthy Rickie hitting for power and OBP again) I don't like the idea either. Despite his problems I think Rickie plays hard. He seems to be a consistent hustler and I think the team needs that right now.

Has Weeks hit a homerun since May 1rst? I don't recall one, in that regard is Gwynn's powerless swing that much of a downgrade?

I'm no Gwynn supporter, not by any stretch, but I see what Ajay is getting at here. Not that I agree with him, but it's an interesting idea none the less. It's frustrating how we thought (well I did) we had all the offensive holes plugged when Braun came up, only to have others regress much further than we thought they would?

If Joe Dillon could play a good 2B, I'd be all WOAH SOLVDD and be clamoring for him to come up. I just don't think there is much the Brewers can do when one of your key players just doesn't perform.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Quote:
Despite his problems I think Rickie plays hard. He seems to be a consistent hustler and I think the team needs that right now

I thought we were done with the "gritty battler" era of Brewers baseball. I am more interested in actual results now. They don't really keep standings for who hustles the most and plays the hardest.

It's all about production now.

When was the last time Rickie Weeks drove in a run? I am sure he has done it a few times lately, but it's sad when you can't remember and you have to think hard.

EDIT: I can actually recall Yovani Gallardo getting more big hits than Weeks lately.

It's hard for him to drive in a run when for the most part he hits behind Estrada (who has a .301 OBP, and compounding that problem is requiring two hits to be scored) and Jenkins, who has been struggling to get on.

EDIT: And this isn't arguing the fact that Weeks has been dreadful for quite a while.

Archived