Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Thursday, April 7th

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Play ball! How convenient of the big league Brewers to give the spotlight to all the kids tonight! Who's going to listen to four games at once? We are! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif This is a rare occurrance; there's no home web audio for Brevard County or West Virginia, and opponent's audio, particularly in the Florida State League, is infrequent to rare.

By the way, so long, MassBrew! New Brewer owner, new Link Report season, new handle! The MassBrew moniker served me well for 3+ years, since Brewerfan's inception. Obviously, not a big change, but I pay respect to my favorite Brewer pitcher growing up -- any dude named Moose who was barely 6'0" feet tall has to be cool:

www.baseball-reference.co...mo01.shtml

Thursday's Daily Menu:

All times Central; pitchers subject to change

Nashville: RHP Jose Capellan at home vs. New Orleans (Nationals), 6:30 PM pre-game, 7:00 gametime

Audio link:

www.nashvillesounds.com/listenlive/

Huntsville: LHP Dana Eveland at Carolina (Marlins), 6:00 PM pre-game, 6:15 gametime; we welcome new Stars' broadcaster Brett Pollock

Audio link:

www.espn1450.com/

Brevard County: RHP Luis Pena at home vs. Daytona Beach (Cubs), 6:00 PM

Audio link (opponent's feed):

stream.netro.ca/wele

West Virginia: RHP Mark Rogers at Hagerstown (Mets), 5:35 PM; RHP Josh Wahpepah will follow Rogers

Audio link (opponent's feed):

streaming0.ctinetworks.co...uns-wa.pls

If you have trouble with any of these audio feeds, you can find the game you seek here and try from this page:

www.oursportscentral.com/..._year=2005

Brewer Fanatic Staff

For our newcomers, particular from Nashville, Charleston and Melbourne / Viera, we invite you to check out the "Archived Link Report" Forum, where we save about-to-expire Link Reports from extinction. You'll get a nice sense of what this aspect of Brewerfan is all about. Each daily trip around the Brewers farm system includes broadcast links, starting pitcher assignments, and then post-game (by next morning), box scores and links to online media coverage. We're waiting to see what other goodies (game logs, live gamecast screens, etc.), the new stats service of MLBAM (MLB Advanced Media) provides us in 2005.

We do know that Nashville archives its audio game highlights and player & coach interviews with Sounds play-by-play announcer Chuck Valenches -- cool! We've asked the friendly folks in Huntsville for something similar, and we're crossing our fingers on that...

We must remind everyone that while you're invited to add worthwhile commentary to the Link Reports, this is not a game thread, or in today's case, four game threads, as you would see on the Major League Forum. While an occasional in-game update may be made on most nights, with scores from all available sources, we do invite as many as wish to jump in on the discussion in the Brewerfan chat room for in-game chatting. With the Brewers idle Thursday, we imagine the chat room might just be jumping Thursday evening.

We've received enough feedback to know how much you folks appreciate the daily Link Reports. It's a labor of love for us, and we want to thank up front all the broadcasters, print reporters, and others (like David Weiser in Huntsville) who are the real secondary stars of the reports (the players being the primary stars, of course!)

Here's to an awesome, fun, entertaining, healthy and fruitful minor league season! Batter up!

And what a great lineup of pitchers on night one- Capellan, Eveland, Pena and Rogers!

here's hoping for a lot of those nights. no more nights when all I had to look forward to were Poe or Mieses. Capellan, Hendrickson, Housman, Parra, Eveland, Sarfate, Pena, etc etc etc. There's about 15 pitchers I am really looking forward to following, with at least 5 in WV

I did that thing where I read the JS Online stories late at night, and they say something like, for example, "The minor league affilliates open their seasons tonight," and I wrongly think they mean the "tonight" that I'm still living rather than the "tonight" of the new today.

Plus I have to admit I've never loved the fancy link report logo as much as I loved seeing the day's matchups at the top of the thread (yeah, I have a soft spot for text-based video games, too), plus Mass Brew has been possessed by this Mass Haas person.

Despite all that, I am consumed with joy. The link report is back! Thanks in advance, Mass.

Greg.

OMG, I have been so looking forward to the first link report of the season. I have nothing more to offer, except I will give a huge thank you in advance to Mass Haas and all others who work on the link reports.

Also, Mass Haas, what is this "Reasearch" thing that you are the Director of??

Edit: Correct Mass Haas' handle and add 2nd paragraph.

Thanks Mass Hass for the link reports and everyone else who works on them. One of, if not the best feature of brewerfan.net.

I would aslo like to propose a toast for our minor leaguers...

To Good Health!!

Mass I need to echo the above comments and really appreciate the work you, and your staff and contributors do on this link report and the entire site. The first thing I do every morning is come in, print the LR off, and head to the john for a half hour of catching up on my minor leaguers. My daily routine has definitely suffered over the offseason. Capellan, Eveland, Pena, and Rogers--my Lord---the LR is definitely back.

[ I heard they will all be doing something similar to mlb on the net with real time tracking of the games. Is that true? ]

That's the going theory. Their scoreboard page is "coming soon", so I guess we'll have to wait to find out for sure.

Ahhh yes its link report time, baby!!! I so much look forward to checking these every evening and then again in the morning! I would like to echo the sentiments to Mass Haas (and everyone else who helps out along the way) and thank you for your time and dedication to making this happen! It is truly awesome!

Besides the Brewers 1st game of the year, this is the best day of the year. I love minor league baseball and as you all know: "It's Fun to be a Fan."

Snappers opener tonight too! Looks like a good year for Beloit. 8 top prospects if I remember correctly including Trevor Plouffe, Kyle Waldrop, Anthony Swarzak, etc.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Just entered the chat room at 5:30 Central awaiting the first at-bat of the minor league season in a couple of minutes.

This Hagerstown Suns theme music is dreadful http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hopefully Charleston management will do all they can to arrange for web audio next year with all that shiny new stadium ticket money -- hint, hint...

Update: SS Alcides Escobar flies out to center on a 2-1 count to begin the season followed by a bunt base hit from the Hurricane -- OK, game thread ends there -- listen in!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Mass,

Your new name will take some getting used to. I keep wanting to pronounce it, "Maas Haas". I guess since no one can hear my thoughts, I will continue to do so.

Lookinfg forward to tomorrow's box scores!!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived