Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tue. 7/5: Parra Misses Start, Sore Shoulder

Quote:
were going to need to do something with Brad Willcut pretty soon, with 3 catchers in Helena hes the one with the least potential at age 23. i guess a position change isnt out of the question either but something needs to be done. he cant throw anyone out as teams are running on him like crazy 5 sb the other night against him and 4 more tonight. maybe i should give him a little more time to transition into the pro game though as he was just recently drafted. I would just rather have Opdyke and Salome alternate at catcher as both seem to have alot more upside than he does.

Yes you should give him more time and Opdyke's Brewer days are numbered, IMO. He has zero upside.

I wouldnt say he has no upside,we had to have thought at least relatively high of him to nab him in the 5th round in 03'. was he hurt last year or in 03', as he only has about 100 pro at bats? i thought the report on him was that he had a good bat but was pretty bad behind the plate?

EDIT: well im not sure what exactly i was looking at on the stat page as i somehow missed his terrible year last year. .175 is just awful. Looks like this is probably his last chance. thanks for the swift kick in the behind about him brucru.

Archived