Brewer Fanatic

It's not over yet people.

dvoiss

(This is not really directed towards anyone or any of the posts above this one. I didn?t actually read all of them anyway.)

I haven't stopped believing, I think they are still going to the playoffs this year, and I'm going to enjoy every game of the season. Good or bad. Cuz' this stuff doesn't happen every day.

I don't get some of these people who have to complain about everything. They complain when the Brewers stunk, that they were never in the race. Well now they are people!! Enjoy it!! Our team is finally in a pennant race!!

I'm convinced some people just complain for the sake of complaining. They just do it to irritate other people, because they like to irritate people.

So, I'm going to ignore those people from now on. I'm going to sit back and enjoy following a pennant race in August/September for a change. Instead of talking about who the Packers 3rd string TE is going to be. Because at last, my favorite team of 36 years and counting, is finally involved in one again!!

Will they break my heart in the end? Maybe, maybe not. But I'll be dammed if I don't enjoy the ride. Come November, I don't want to have to look back at this year and say, "man, they really were good, I wish I would have watched more games".

Quote:
Brian, I think you need to make a new message board because we have been over run.

Retreat!

Rluz--If you included me in the "over run". Sorry. I probably did go a little over the top with that post. I just get frustrated reading all the negativity. I'm all for a good solid discussion, but to call the NL leader in HR's "fat and lazy", among the other stuff said just didn't seem like very good message board material.

This site is the best out there. And I'd be lost without it, but I just wish that people wouldn't panic so quick during bad stretches, but I understand fans are fans and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It just seems like there could be different ways to express it.

Quote:
why did you have to swallow the puke?

Fair question. I guess because simply spitting it out wouldnt have been "gross enough" to describe what I thought of some of the things posted in that rant.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I wasn't talking about any one poster. I don't blame anyone for being frustrated but why do tough times always breed insane crazy posts that transcend logic and reality? It's like people literally lose their minds. Any outsiders reading this stuff must think we are a bunch of loonies.

But they allow trash like this. This is an embarassing post. I'm embarassed to be considered in the same fan base as this crap.

And your diatribe is somehow acceptable?

It's a travesty that people get banned/reprimanded for disagreeing with people on this board, but yet people are allowed to take absolute below the belt shots at players (who for all we know read the board) and the mods look the other way.

That's a pretty accusatory statement. Would you care to back that up with anything?

Hey anyone can get frustrated, but I'm most assuredly not frustrated. It's just an honest assessment about the Brewer chances. I live and die with them; watch ever game I can, and support them with my money by going to as many games as I can afford. Just one thing I'd like to take exception to, I didn't call him fat and lazy. I called him fat. There's a huge difference. But when a guy is as overweight as he is it's got to take a toll playing everyday. Why isn't it a possibility that he's run outta gas?

I also don't always believe in the "things are as bad or good as they look." Sometimes things are definitely as bad or good as they look--sometimes, not always. But it looks to me that this is one of those times when things have soured. My only evidence is how the Brewers are losing. If they had just lost 3 outta 4 to a supposedly inferior team at their place I wouldn't mind at all. But good teams don't blow big leads, and good teams do the little things as well as the big things in order to win every game possible. I just don't believe there's any evidence that the Brewers are doing "everything" possible at this point in time, Maybe that's something a young team has to learn. peace all.

So then are the Tigers not a good team? They lost a double header to the white sox, they blew a 7-0 lead one game doing it. They have lost 6 of their last 7 games.

Its fine if you think the Brewers are done but the good teams don't do this or that cliche just doesn't fly. Baseball is a streaky game and even good teams play like crap for a week here and there.

Archived