Brewer Fanatic

Link Report Sat. 5/27 - Iribarren Allegedly With Corked Bat

Just remember that Huntsville has the nice ability to hit the reset button mid-season and try this whole thing over again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the nice thoughts Peavey. Sadly we had that the last two years as well. Both times I predicted a second half awakening and both times they got worse. This time I'm going to stay quiet.

To be honest, I think the pitching turmoil at Milwaukee right now makes it hard to throw any blame in the direction of Brewers management. Everyone is just doing what they can to stay afloat. This was a pretty bad team to start with and none of the necessary shuffling has helped it at all. At least Ezi's speed is something wondrous to watch.

But I confess its really hard to work up the enthusiasm to go out and watch this lot, they manage to make yard work in the Alabama sun seem appealing. Mostly I just feel sad for all of the position players who were once even marginal prospects, its hard watching so many careers go down the toilet at once.

Lets hope the second half does bring a revival in fortune for some of these guys, but even if it does, for most of them its probably going to be too little too late.

Archived