Brewer Fanatic

Link Report Thur. 6/15 - Spend Your Morning with Mark Rogers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday's Daily Menu:

All times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: RHP Rick Helling in his second rehab start, at home vs. Omaha (Royals), 6:40 PM pre-game, 7:00 gametime

Audio link:

www.nashvillesounds.com/listenlive/

Huntsville: RHP Travis Phelps at home vs. West Tenn (Cubs) in the completion of the June 1st suspended game (Huntsville leads, 1-0, after two innings, on a Jeff Housman RBI single), followed by RHP Steve Bray making his first Huntsville start in the seven-inning nightcap, 5:50 PM pre-game, 6:05 gametime

Audio link:

www.espn1450.com/

Brevard County: RHP Mark Rogers at home vs. Daytona (Cubs), 10:00 AM

Audio link (opponent's) --

voiceoftherepublic.com/live.asx

West Virginia: LHP Dave Welch at Hagerstown (Mets), 5:55 PM pre-game, 6:05 gametime

Audio link:

www.sportsjuice.com/provi...e=wvpower.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Thursday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Window". Activate the Nashville Gameday. For the other links, choose "Log". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often. It's sweet!

Nashville:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...a_nasaaa_1

Huntsville (completion of June 1st suspended game):

You won't see a linescore or game log, but box score info will update...

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_hunaax_1

Huntsville (regularly scheduled game):

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_hunaax_1

Brevard County:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...a_breafa_1

West Virginia:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_hagafx_1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds and/or Huntsville Stars are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated an hour or two prior to gametime:

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

www.nashvillesounds.com/pdf/notes.pdf

Following Nashville's lead, Huntsville now makes its media notes available as well, nice:

www.huntsvillestars.com/i...eNotes.pdf

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Standings through Wednesday's action:
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [b]Nashville 36 30 .545 - 23-12 13-18 W1[/b] Iowa 28 37 .431 7.5 14-16 14-21 L1 Omaha 26 40 .394 10.0 16-19 10-21 L1 Memphis 24 41 .369 11.5 12-19 12-22 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Southern League (AA) - North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chattanooga 41 25 .621 - 24-11 17-14 W1 West Tenn 39 27 .591 2.0 18-17 21-10 L1 Tennessee 31 35 .470 10.0 18-13 13-22 L2 Carolina 30 37 .448 11.5 19-16 11-21 L3 [b]Huntsville 24 41 .369 16.5 10-20 14-21 W1[/b] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Florida State League (A+) - East Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- St. Lucie 38 28 .576 - 20-14 18-14 L4 [b]Brevard County 34 28 .548 2.0 18-14 16-14 L1[/b] Palm Beach 36 30 .545 2.0 20-14 16-16 W7 Daytona 33 33 .500 5.0 20-12 13-21 W1 Jupiter 29 36 .446 8.5 13-18 16-18 L1 Vero Beach 24 40 .375 13.0 14-17 10-23 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- South Atlantic League (A) - Northern Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lexington 41 24 .631 - 24-12 17-12 L1 Delmarva 36 27 .571 4.0 19-15 17-12 W1 [b]West Virginia 37 28 .569 4.0 19-12 18-16 W3[/b] Lakewood 33 31 .516 7.5 18-13 15-18 L1 Greensboro 34 32 .515 7.5 21-11 13-21 W1 Hickory 31 34 .477 10.0 17-15 14-19 W1 Lake County 28 38 .424 13.5 14-21 14-17 W1 Hagerstown 25 41 .379 16.5 13-15 12-26 L3

Rogers throwing 97 and working ahead very often (5 of 6?).

A little wild (and agitated) in the third: 2 out walk, stolen base, error on throw--but strikes out the batter looking on a 3-2 pitch to strand him at third.

3IP 1BB 4K 4GB:1FB (and a line drive)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well Rogers finally gave up a hit in the sixth (ground ball up the middle). The radio guys say Rogers isn't even pitching as well as he can.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm pretty sure his pitch count is up there (He's gone 7 innings now, with 10K's and 4BB). The radio guys mentioned he was in the 80's before the 7th inning. I'd be surprised if he came out for the 8th.

EDIT: Yep. Rogers is out in the 8th. MIKE JONES enters from the bullpen.

EDIT: Radio guys say Rogers was "stronger and more effective as the game went along"

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

thanks fellas. Pretty impressive. Reminds me a lot of Neugebauer and his control problems (although i seem to remember Neugy struggling much more at the low levels). Seems that like Neugy, nobody in the minors can beat him, only he can beat himself. One would think that if he has his ERA down in the 3's by the end of July, an early August promotion isn't out of the realm of possibility. In the past, the Crew has used August as a time to promote some kids rather aggressively, giving them a taste of the next level for the following year.

So the only question is when Baseball America comes out with it's next project hot sheet who is the top spot Gallardo or Rogers... too bad Inman is out or the Brewers could have captured the top three spots..

Great week for Brewer pitching when you add in Villenueva's and Jackson's starts along with Dillard and Hammond..

Two nice things about Rogers:

- When he was struggling mightily the brewers brass and scouts kept saying "be patient when he figures it out he will really figure it out" and that looks to be right.

- They seem to have used the same criteria for selecting him they did Jeffers which is a good sign.

In case anyone cares, here's a link to Neugie's numbers. I'd like to see Rogers get a full decent year under his belt before we get too excited - although admittedly I have a hard time tempering my enthusiasm after the last three starts.

thebaseballcube.com/players/N/nick-neugebauer.shtml

Let's hope it's a legit turnaround for Mark, and not just a solid 20 IP amid a rough season. Either way, he's definitely starting to show what he's capable of, and why the Brewers took him at #5, and that's great to see.

Quote:
In case anyone cares, here's a link to Neugie's numbers. I'd like to see Rogers get a full decent year under his belt before we get too excited - although admittedly I have a hard time tempering my enthusiasm after the last three starts.

After looking at those numbers i'm really currious as to why he was pitching in Milwaukee at age 21?

Sounds like a legit turnaround:

With Rebuilt Mechanics; Rogers Rolling

Quote:
"Now, when I have a good start, I don't feel like it's happening by accident anymore. It's not because I had a good release point for one day or that my secondary pitches happened to be good. It's no accident because I'm repeating my mechanics every single time."

Archived