Link Report for Games of Tuesday, June 20th

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Tuesday's Daily Menu:

All times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: Idle

Huntsville: RHP Tim Dillard at Mobile (Padres), 6:50 PM pre-game, 7:05 gametime

Audio link:

www.espn1450.com/

Brevard County: LHP Steve Hammond at St. Lucie (Mets), 6:00 PM; it's a must-win-the-remaining-two-games-series, and it's not available via audio, sorry

West Virginia: Please follow and comment on tonight's All-Star Game in the "Your 2006 W.V. Power" thread, thanks

Helena: TBD at home vs. Missoula (Diamondbacks), 8:05 PM; we welcome broadcaster Steve Wendt (who has been heard locally doing the games in Helena for a couple of years now) to our Link Report links

Audio (click on "Listen Live"):

www.helenabrewers.net/html2/index.php

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Tuesday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Window". Choose "Log". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often. It's sweet!

Huntsville:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...x_mobaax_1

Brevard County:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...a_sluafa_1

Helena:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...k_helrok_1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds and/or Huntsville Stars are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated an hour or two prior to gametime:

Following Nashville's lead, Huntsville now makes its media notes available as well, nice:

www.huntsvillestars.com/i...eNotes.pdf

(We will note that Huntsville broadcaster Brett Pollock has had some issues as of late updating this while on-the-road, FYI.)

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Standings through Monday's action:

West Virginia and Helena at 0-0...

Pacific Coast League (AAA) - American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [b]Nashville 39 31 .557 - 26-13 13-18 L1[/b] Iowa 32 38 .457 7.0 17-17 15-21 L1 Omaha 28 43 .394 11.5 16-19 12-24 W1 Memphis 26 44 .371 13.0 14-22 12-22 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Southern League (AA) - North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carolina 1 0 1.000 - 0-0 1-0 W1 West Tenn 0 0 - 0.5 0-0 0-0 - Chattanooga 0 1 .000 1.0 0-1 0-0 L1 [b]Huntsville 0 1 .000 1.0 0-0 0-1 L1[/b] Tennessee 0 1 .000 1.0 0-0 0-1 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Florida State League (A+) - East Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- St. Lucie 38 30 .559 - 20-15 18-15 L6 [b]Brevard County 35 29 .547 1.0 18-15 17-14 W1[/b] Palm Beach 37 31 .544 1.0 20-15 17-16 L1 Daytona 35 33 .515 3.0 20-12 15-21 W3 Jupiter 29 38 .433 8.5 13-19 16-19 L3 Vero Beach 26 40 .394 11.0 16-17 10-23 W3

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Manatees' GM Buck Rogers:

The Brevard County Manatees are now in control of their own destiny for the 1st half championship of the Florida State League's Eastern Division.

By virtue of a Palm Beach Cardinals loss to Daytona in 10 innings last night, coupled with the Manatees 7-0 win over the 1st place St Lucie Mets, the 'Tees have climbed into second place in the FSL's Eastern Division by a mere 3/1000ths of a point with only two games to go.

No matter how the Palm Beach Cardinals season plays out, if the Manatees win the final two games (tonight and tomorrow night) the 'tees will lock up post-season play in the FSL Playoffs.

Tonight's game is set for 7:00 pm at Tradition Field in Port St Lucie...it's Dollar Day at the Mets Ballpark with $1 Hot Dogs, $1 Budweiser and $1 Pepsi all night long. Head south on I-95 to Exit 121. Turn left (east) and cross the interstate to the 1st traffic light. Turn left (north) on Peacock Blvd. The stadium in 3/4 mile north on your right.

All-Star Pitcher Michael Devaney is on the mound for the Mets, Steve Hammond for the Manatees. Devaney pitched an inning this past weekend in Lakeland during the All-Star game and struck out two...he's simply en fuego with a buck-seventy-eight ERA. Hammond is holding at a modest 2.49 ERA with 22 walks to 66 strike outs. This is a critical game and we need all Manatees fans to make the 70-mile trip to St Lucie to support the team.

Season Ticket Holders, you're in for free with your season ticket holder cards; just present 'em at the Box Office Window at Tradition Field.

If the Manatees win tonight look for a crazy day tomorrow back at Space Coast Stadium when the series concludes here..not only will we have a large contingent of Health First customers and employees in the ballpark, but we'll have some crazed die-hard fans watching what will essentially be a home playoff game, and it's going to be wild.

If you live for excitement, drama, tension, and that's just sitting in the stands chewing your fingernails, then you gotta sacrifice a couple hours sleep and make the trip to Port St Lucie tonight. See you at Tradition Field tonight; see you at Space Coast Stadium tomorrow night.

Nothing against Steve Hammond, but I would have really liked to see Yo on the mound for BC tonight... He has had plenty of rest since his last start (other than 1 inning in All Star game)... Then we could have seen Rogers on Wednesday (he last pitched on Thursday)...

Quote:
Nothing against Steve Hammond, but I would have really liked to see Yo on the mound for BC tonight... He has had plenty of rest since his last start (other than 1 inning in All Star game)... Then we could have seen Rogers on Wednesday (he last pitched on Thursday)...

Same here, I thought for sure Gallardo would be pitching tonight. It seems like its been forever since he last took the mound. Anybody know if he's starting tomorrow night?

Yo last pitch on the 9th of June... Hammond last pitched on the 14th of June... Either he is hurt or he is already on his way to Huntsville (a spot needed to be opened for Alliston to be activated yesterday)... My guess is that he is already on his way to Huntsville...

Edit: Yo pitched an inning on Saturday (All Star Game)... I doubt he is hurt...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Just added Helena audio and box score links above -- almost forgot!

Believe it or not, we do have updated Helena roster information that I'll be providing this evening. How dare life and "real" work get in the way of Brewerfan duties sometimes. Thanks for your patience, Helena fans....

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Given the sorry state of the parent club tonight, a perfect night to check out Helena, but unfortunately getting nothing but dead air. Please chime in if that changes for anyone.

In the meantime, I'll jump on the Huntsville 2nd half audio bandwagon while there's plenty of room http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

It's the Latin wunderkind Roque Mercedes going for Helena tonight. Depending on the H-Brew jerseys, I bet those de la Cruz boys never thought they'd get a longer name on their backs...

Gamel 1-3 with a 2B, Cain with an RBI on a ground out. No Salome yet.

Brevard gettting no hit (reverse mojo?). No offense to Steve Hammond, but looks like starting Yo! or Rogers, considering how lights out they've been, might have been the only to stay even in this one.

Breaking news: Huntsville has scored. Twice. In the first. Hopefully, they didn't use all the second half offense in one game...

Edit: Mass, you edited my edit http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

no-no broken, but BC down to their last three outs

getting nothing but dead air. Please chime in if that changes for anyone

well, at 9:16 your time, Mass, I heard a noise. Of course, listening to dead air while eagerly awaiting a Mercedes strikeout is something like being 12 and watching the scrambled pictures, hoping to see some nudity, and hoping it's a female.

Dillard hitting .350...can he still catch? Just kidding...or am I? Any thoughts Clancy?

and Iribarren with a hit, walk and a steal. Anyone else hoping he gets upgraded to a tropical depression soon?

Doug, you missed Mercedes strike out Gerardo Parra. What a shame, what a shame. I've heard about three blips of noise, but nothing permanent yet.

as I'm sitting here clicking "reload" every 30 seconds, hoping there is a boxscore update, I can't help but think of how funny it is that we have at least 3 of us in very different parts of the country, fretting over this Helena debut. For some reason the Helena club is usually my favorite team to follow (is it cause they usually win?), despite how the '04 squad has really stunk it up in full season ball.

Toby, have you ever seen Mercedes or Pascual or them? I haven't, and my insider with the club only sees the guys in big league games, so he hasn't given any glowing reviews.

Also, what about Perierd? For some reason the young Canadian excites me.

and you guys are listening to dead air from Helena?

1-0 baby. It may be quiet, but the Helena bats will once again be loud. Good start to the season with Chapman leading off with a triple.

And Mass, thanks for the Huntsville updates. He's been someone I've been intrigued by for a while. Come on Tim and Roque.

and you guys are listening to dead air from Helena?

That's why they call me "Mr. Exciting"

Toby, have you ever seen Mercedes or Pascual or them?

Since I haven't been down to spring training in a few years, unfortunately no, I haven't. I have some good information on both of them from a trustworthy source, though, so I'm not going solely on stats/signing bonuses in my awe of them.

Also, what about Perierd?

I haven't heard much about Periard. I liked him because he threw 86-87 as a 16 year old when they drafted him, but I can't say much about his progress since then.

Archived