Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thursday, July 13th - Ohka, De la Rosa

bork

"how do you make room for them in West Virginia..."

Who said anything about West Virginia? Escpecially in the case of Gillespie, he's probably ready for Brevard. He's older than the guys at West Virginia anyway and I suspect he might be a better prospect than Hasan Rasheed or Freddie Parejo.

Drew Anderson's .290 average coming into the game was 9th best in the Southern League, another indicator of the league's pitching-strong tendencies...

Drew finally gets a mention from you guys, albeit a backhanded compliment at best. Instead of praising his accomplishments, the statement is shifted to indicate how the quality of pitching in the league has resulted in low batting averages. Give the guy some love!

As for making room for Gillespie at West Virginia, Ford may have great speed and a lot of steals, but his OBP and OPS are not very impressive for low-A. I can think of a few guys (Chris Morris?) who stole a lot more bases than Ford, but never made it to the bigs. I'd hardly call it highway robbery if Ford is asked to sit to make room for Gillespie.

Archived