Brewer Fanatic

Sounds - Player Question

JJHardy7
I was at the Sounds game last night and I noticed a possible new player/coach. It was a somewhat shorter guy who had a jersey with the number 7 on, but no name on the back. The batboys wear different jerseys (not the same as the players) and it says BB for their number. Well, this number 7 guy was also signing autographs for quite a few fans. As far as the game, he hung out in the bullpen most of the game in catcher gear and helped warm up the pitchers. Who is this guy? Every other person wearing a jersey on the field for Nashville has their name on the back and I haven't found anything. Does anyone know?

He signed autographs after the game again last night. He even had one of his friends bring him some dip to the bullpen. Who is this guy? I have to admit it was funny watching him help Scott McClung warm up. The number 7 guy warmed him and then Rottino came in to "help". Number 7 had a hard time catching all the heaters.

Wouldn't he at least get his name on the back of his jersey? And this guy looks fairly young and hasn't really looked like he's been instructing. He seems to be warm of some type of bullpen catcher, but in the past the guys on the bench would warm up the pitchers and then the back up would come out once the pitcher is ready to really let it go.

He is definately just a bullpen catcher. The person I asked said he's a "local college kid or something." He also told me as long as he's signing his actual name and not one of the other guys on the team, autographs are fine.

I guess that makes sense. It's kind of odd he's really the only non-player/coach who actually wears a Sounds jersey and everything. I'd assume they'd put a name on the jersey and list him as the bullpen catcher on the program or website thought. Thanks for the info!

Archived