Brewer Fanatic

Alumni Update: Latest -- Dana Eveland, Matt Mieske

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

RHP Matt Yeatman, released this spring training from Huntsville's roster, has signed with Shreveport (La.) of the independent American Association. RHP Ryan Trytten is with Lincoln (Neb.) and INF Chas Terni with New Haven of the same league.

In the independent Can-Am League, RHP Steve Palozzolo, another spring release, has signed with Nashua (NH). Infielder Ralph Santana's contract was sold by Quebec of the Can-Am to Southern Illinois of the independent Frontier League.

Catcher Jason Belcher signed with Fargo-Moorhead of the independent Northern League today.

RHP Travis Phelps signed with Newark of the independent Atlantic League.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following statement is completly bush league and I apologize for it in advance:

Who's devestated now Junior, who's devestated now!!!

How the once mighty have fallen. Thanks for the memories. Hope you can make it back to the bigs, and if not I hope you've taken care of your earnings.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

RHP Tim Bausher, who spent one day in the big leagues with Boston a couple of years back but did not get into a game, could do no better than an independent league deal with Nashua (NH) of the Can-Am League.

New Jersey of that same league allowed RHP Matt Hammons to sign with a Mexican League team.

Trent Durrington was called to pitch in a 12-6 blowout of the Pawtucket Red Sox vs the Buffalo Bisons. After walking in two runs, he was able to record one out.

In the bottom of the 9th, the Bisons were able to rally for 5 runs to give Trent the victory.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Infielder Fredy de la Cruz, the 21-year-old who was a surprise release off Helena's roster this winter, has signed with the Brockton (MA) Rox of the independent Can-Am League.

de la Cruz had just broken through to appear on the Power 50 at the time of his release.

LHP Kyle Pawelczyk, also released this spring, signed with Pensacola (FL) of the independent American Association.

• 3 weeks later...
Verified Member
Brian Wolfe has been called up by the Blue Jays. His first appearance will be his major league debut. He was signed as a minor league FA in May 2005, pitched for Brevard County and Huntsville, then was traded for Corey Koskie in January 2006.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Still finalizing the more formal Alumni Thread with links (I could use a vacation from 'real" work to help complete such things), but Mr. Breslow, the LOOGY who also gets RH batters could be had via trade, I imagine -- there's just no place in Boston for him, he'll be out of options next spring.

Be sure to check out the splits (all in short reliever small sample chunks, granted), and also the 2006 numbers at bottom of link:

www.minorleaguebaseball.c...pid=444520

Craig admits he turned his career around after his Brewer release, so it's not as if the Brewers completely whiffed on him.

I don't know if this is the best spot for this, and I apologize if this is already known, but former Brewers 5th Round pick Jarrad Page is now a safety for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Rotoworld says that after a strong rookie year he is in line to be the starting safety next year. I guess he made the right decision by going to UCLA.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This lefty had toiled for Huntsville and Nashville this season:

LHP Luis Villarreal signed by Phillies

Infielder Will Lewis, who many here will remember, has surfaced at Coastal Bend (Robstown, TX) of the independent American Association.

LHP Kyle Pawelczyk has found work with Evansville of the independent Frontier League.

Calgary of the independent Northern League released RHP David Manning, who was recently featured in this thread.

Archived