Brewer Fanatic

Question Is Defelice any type of Prospect

brewmann04

probably not; being old stinks. he did develop a cut fastball as another pitch and that's improved his performance considerably. I'd view him as a guy that could bounce back and forth between the majors and AAA for a few years without causing a panic attack in the fans each time he enters the game in the majors. It would be a nice story if he had a ML career, but you don't want too many "nice stories" on your ML roster.

They'll move someone currently on the 40 man up after the minor league playoffs are over. Could be McClung.

From what I've seen on hand I think McClung should get a shot in September (sooner if there are injuries or a possible meltdown by a Brewer). He really can throw the gas (I'm guessing maybe up to 99) and it'd be interesting to see what Maddux can do with him.

As far as Defelice, he has great numbers, but I don't know how well he'd translate into the big league level. He doesn't throw as hard, but he seems very crafty. He doesn't walk a lot of guys and when he's on the mound expect a shorter game than say...Vargas.

Quote:
Second do you think McClung will be a Sept 1 Addition to our Pen.

I don't see why. They would just be throwing money away if they called him up because he's not a guy you want in a competitive game. Let him try to earn a spot next year.

I respect your opinion JoeHova, but are you basing this off past results correct? I don't think we'd be wasting that much money and I'm just saying that if someone gets hurt or can't get their head straight he has to be on the short list of candidates.

1. Maybe, he's another reclimation project that's working out very well.

2. Probably, I wouldn't be surprised to Aquino either, if they could get some garbage innings and save the regular BP arms some.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived