Brewer Fanatic

Is this a Sign of Something?

I don't have a problem with it. Bush has made two very good back to back starts. Bush has proven that he is incapable of three very good back to back starts. We need to beat the Cubs this weekend. Do the math.

Quote:
This move confirms Gallardo's going to the bullpen. Think about it. When they bring Capuano off the DL, it will be at the expense of a bullpen arm leaving them an arm short out there. The sooner Gallardo recovers from his next start, the sooner that empty bullpen slot will be filled.

You could easily flip that around and say that Bush is already becoming that extra bullpen arm, and this confirms Gallardo is staying in the rotation. What better way to recover from your last start, than to not make it?

Quote:
I don't have a problem with it. Bush has made two very good back to back starts. Bush has proven that he is incapable of three very good back to back starts. We need to beat the Cubs this weekend. Do the math.

uh...

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/pl...&year=2006

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/pl...&year=2005

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/pl...&year=2004

I see several stretches of 3 or more very good starts in a row.

So far I've seen several senarios that make sense. Any of them could be true. Lets just hope the he's got some sort of injury one isn't. I think eventually Gallardo is ticketed for the bullpen for a couple months. He'll get a start then some rest then bullpen duty. It's the best way to get him acclimated to the majors while helping the team without overdoing his innings. Why Bush vs. Vargas? I don't know. Sometimes numbers have to be calculated along with human factors like fatigue, ego management, cohesiveness (sp?) ect.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

"I think (hope) he was kidding."

It was tongue in cheek, but to be honest, I'm only half kidding. I like Bush as much as the next guy, but he's a bottom of the rotation guy. It's not like Yost is skipping Sheets - that would be newsworthy. The notion that not pitching Dave Bush against the Cubs is going to spell doom is kind of laughable, at least to me.

If this offends anyone, sorry, not my intent.

The notion that not pitching Dave Bush against the Cubs is going to spell doom is kind of laughable, at least to me.

I guess it's good that you imagined someone expressing that sentiment. Close call!

We are trying to figure out why Bush is being skipped and if it hints at a much more significant move in the near future. If it's simply one start, it's insignificant.

"If it's simply one start, it's insignificant."

On this point, we're agreed. As to whether this portends something more far-reaching - we'll know soon enough, but I appreciate the speculation. Got to get through the 21 non-game hours every day somehow...

Vargas could not be skipped, as that would have led to Bush (and someone else, I think) starting on 3 days rest.

Why Yo instead of Bush? I would think the feeling would be Bush is more capable of having his routine altered than the 21 year-old. Once Yo goes into the bullpen, I assume he'll remain there for quite a while.

I too have to agree with Briggs, and I have to say its pretty astute planning by Ned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Yo is going to the 'pen to pitch for a few weeks, limiting his innings, and allowing Bush to outpitch every starter not named Ben, allowing the Brews to trade Vargas and Mench for Charlie Haeger (To keep Nashville's fans amused) and Matt Thronton (because we need a gassing lefty while we await Parra's ascent-kind of funny how one game instantly bumps you up a level in status, right, Markie B?)

Archived