Brewer Fanatic

What do you think of Brian Anderson? (Merged: Anderson & and reaction to the broadcaster)

djoctagone

I am OK about Anderson -- My general philosophy is that the best announcers "don't piss me off". Sort of like umpires I guess, after the game if I forget about your performance, you probably did a good job. I really don't pay attention to what they say, and largely I tune them out.

I hated Sutton. So overall I am happy with BA.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Rock when he's critical of players or the team in general. Anderson just puts me to sleep; the guy is the definition of boring. And his adages ring like well perfected cliches. For the first time ever I turn off the sound and listen to music while watching. I also think that he doesn't really like the Brewers, which is his perogative, but seems strange since he works for them. He delights in the opposition when they do well--it's strange. Now it's subtle because he's such a low key guy, but it's there. I wish they put Powell on when he's not doing the radio innings.

He's a massive upgrade over Sutton, but still a ways from Powell or Costas. I have to wonder if he's being fed stupid stuff from the truck, as a couple weeks ago, he also said he felt a bunt was upcoming with a man on 2B, one out, and the P up.

Brian seems like a really good guy, and I appreciate his seemingly huge amount of studying, as he knows a ton about Brewers' history, even though he wasn't a fan.

Anderson is ok. He makes a few too many mistakes for my liking, but I think (hope) he will improve as he gets more experiences as the announcer. I also hope he reduces the golf references next season. Sutton had more passion, but Anderson has a better voice. One thing that is really noticeable is that the Rock has been a lot better this year. He works well with Anderson.

Anderson is ok. He makes a few too many mistakes for my liking, but I think (hope) he will improve as he gets more experiences as the announcer. I also hope he reduces the golf references next season. Sutton had more passion, but Anderson has a better voice. One thing that is really noticeable is that the Rock has been a lot better this year. He works well with Anderson.

I feel the exact opposite. Anderson's boringness has made Bill S. more annoying to me than ever before. Still in/and all, the ball is carrying/not carrying, he got on top of it...please make it stop.

I liked Matt V and Sutton better. Though, if you see Matt V now he is just another boring generic announcer not unlike Anderson.

I think Anderson would be fine if paired with someone more entertaining or at least less repetitive...nothing wrong with still having a little fun even if the team is much better. I'd rather they had gotten someone with a genuine interest in the team than the guy with the best voice, or the guy least likely to harass Bill S, or whatever the criteria were.

I don't suppose there is any chance of Bill retiring or moving on, is there? Oh well, I expect Brian Anderson will only be around until his next career opportunity comes along.

I think he is serviceable, but not any more than that. I can't remember the last time he added anything to viewing experience. We generally put on the radio when the TV feed is synced up well enough. Bill is almost painful with anything he interjects. His classic, "Are you kidding me?!?" comments are lame.

I really like Brian. I think he calls a great game (for the most part), doesn't go off on tangents and forgets to call the action. He doesn't go overly overboard on his HR calls. He's made some mistakes and has some minor annoyances, but who doesn't? Of the three P B P announcers that I remember on Brewer TV, I would have to rate them in this order... 1) Sutton 2) Anderson and WAY WAY WAY down on the list is 3)Vasgersian....... Something about him just annoyed the living crap out of me.

I really like Brian. I think he calls a great game (for the most part), doesn't go off on tangents and forgets to call the action. He doesn't go overly overboard on his HR calls. He's made some mistakes and has some minor annoyances, but who doesn't? Of the three P B P announcers that I remember on Brewer TV, I would have to rate them in this order... 1) Sutton 2) Anderson and WAY WAY WAY down on the list is 3)Vasgersian....... Something about him just annoyed the living crap out of me.

Sutton does all of those things I bolded, yet you still have him #1? http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eek.gif

I think Anderson has done a decent job in his first year. He calls the games pretty straight-up with no schtick, but he is capable of displaying some emotion when it is appropriate. In the interest of disclosure, I absolutely could not stand Sutton. I would have rather listened to some of those high school announcers from the mid-90's that they used to have on the Friday night games when Uecker was calling national games for NBC than listen to that buffoon slobber over David Eckstein.

Anderson has gotten a lot better as the season has progressed, and he has a real nice, smooth southern-tinged baseball voice. He also makes baseball-knowledge gaffes at times, and at other times doesn't seem sure of his own calls. I think he's fine, and will in time be a very good baseball broadcaster if he sticks with it.

I also think that he doesn't really like the Brewers, which is his perogative, but seems strange since he works for them. He delights in the opposition when they do well--it's strange. Now it's subtle because he's such a low key guy, but it's there. I wish they put Powell on when he's not doing the radio innings.

Huh? He doesn't delight when the opposition does well at all. If you mean by saying "that was a good catch" or "you got to give him credit for that one," things along that line, you're right. But everyone does that. What does he do that makes you think he doesn't like the Brewers?

Brian Anderson's getting called up to the big show! According to the listings on the FOX website, he'll be doing the Mets/Marlins game with Tim McCarver tomorrow. Why they wouldn't have him do the Brewers/Braves game, I don't know, but congrats to BA, he's done great this year. Hopefully having to do a game with McCarver doesn't dumb him down too much.

that's amazing that he is doing that in his first year as an announcer. The big wigs at FOX are either very impressed with him or many others said "no" or they're very desperate.

Does that mean we get Gord Ash in the booth?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

That's just crazy!

I love BA. He's unbelievable.

Anyone who says he isn't passionate enough, should find the quote of Counsell's triple that Estrada scored on from first. Labor day I believe it was.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brian Anderson's getting called up to the big show! According to the listings on the FOX website, he'll be doing the Mets/Marlins game with Tim McCarver tomorrow. Why they wouldn't have him do the Brewers/Braves game, I don't know, but congrats to BA, he's done great this year. Hopefully having to do a game with McCarver doesn't dumb him down too much.

Yes, this means his career ambitions may get him out of here...maybe after one more season. Too bad for those of you who like him, though.

Correct. Simply getting the call to do a 'bigger' game means nothing to BA's potential departure, but it certainly isn't an indication that there's no interest in him beyond Milwaukee.

EDIT: Poor, BA, though - he's gotta work with Tim McCarver...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Does that mean we get Gord Ash in the booth?

You're joking, right? Tomorrow's tilt is on the mother ship at 2:55p

ah, you know, I'm mixing my day's up. I was thinking that tomorrow was Sunday already. My bad!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived