Brewer Fanatic

Why not Graffy in LF instead of Mench

rousieboy

Additional point for comparison. Mench's EQA for the year .236 Rottino's translated EQA is .252. For those not familiar EQA is supposed to look like batting average and the translation of minor league stats adjusts for the relative difficulty of the majors vs. AAA. So based on this year's minor league stats we would expect Rottino to post an OBP of .320 and a SLG of .404. This involves no fancy age and hope adjustment just a straight forward comparison of the average difficulty of the two leagues. Of course Mench has an advantage in this comparison because he has recieved a lot of platoon advantage relative to Vinny.

Just to add on some more numbers if you translate last years Nashville stats you get similar overall for Rottino as the Major league equivalent. Please note I that given the overall similarity in the numbers I adjusted the line's by essentially the same amount since I don't have the actual formula to do this. Which means it gets a little more dicey to do the next step. I only have his splits for last season where his eyeballed adjusted line was .335/.390/.430

Archived