Brewer Fanatic

NL 1B Voting Update- Prince's lead widens!

patrickgpe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are there in the top 5, but Prince is the only one with a real chance as of now. Voting has gone better for us than i can ever remember up to this point.

Steve Phillips just said on BBTN that while Prince may be a runner up to Pujols, he may be the MVP anyway. So atleast some love from that show.

When I was in Milwaukee last weekend, I cleaned out a voting kiosk after a game and took home all the ballots. Then my dad, 14 year old brother and I voted a straight Brewer ticket on all the ballots (with the exception of a few votes for Bonds instead of Jenkins from my brother) and then I turned them in the next day.. I'd estimate there were 300-400 ballots, so we did our part. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif (It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would, but the porch did look like a ticker-tape parade had passed because of all the little punched out tabs. I didn't use a drill or other tool because they said they throw out machine punched ballots.) It would have been better if I had gotten the ballots at a different stadium because probably a lot of the votes at MP go to Brewers anyway, but still, every bit helps. I've also been voting online whenever I get the chance.

JoeHova,

how do you have over four thousand posts and not once do i recall seeing a post from you? Oh well. Like the name by the way. And clearing out the voting kiosk is classic, especially when you get the family involved. Everyone that lives out of state should take a trip to a local MLB stadium and clear out a few kiosks. Make it a group effort, get the family involved, let's get Prince in there. It'd be great if we had a bunch of Brewerfan people in DC. We just might be able to out-vote the National players in their own stadium. Sounds like an Onion headline.

At the last two games at The Keg they had no more ballots. Since they were giving away items and you get one ticket for 10 votes, I knew several season ticket holders that were walking home with entire boxes and coming in the next day with them all punched. My one friend came with an entire duffel bag full of them, and was mad the prize that day was a Yost signed baseball.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Wow, 40,000 votes that's pretty impressive. I posted in an old thread about the impact bf.net could have if every one voted 25 times just every other day. I can't remember the number but it's huge. Now that exams are over I'll be able to start voting every day again.

Quote:
how do you have over four thousand posts and not once do i recall seeing a post from you? Oh well.

I see that you joined after the 2004 election, which may explain that. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I remember joehova making a lot of contributions (posts) to our political discussion threads. I'm unsure if those threads were deleted or archived. That may be why you haven't seen many of his posts.

I really believe Prince is deserving of a starting all star berth, and I've voted for him. I realize cubs fans, phillies fans, brewer fans and cardinals fans are all biased about their first baseman and rightfully so- they are all great players..

I am led to wonder, if i was an unbiased Mets or Dodgers or Seattle fan, what national league first baseman I'd vote for? Would I vote for puhols because he carried the Cardinals to the World series? or would I vote for the guy who's having the best half season this year? I know I voted for Teixeira over Big Poppy for the AL first baseman because he actually plays the position. I also voted for Teixeira over Morneau without even looking at their current stats or past accomplishments. I just like Tex, and I voted for him.

if I was the NL manager knowing that the winner of the game decided home field advantage in the World series, who would I play more against the veteran AL pitching staff? Prince or Puhols? It will be a tough call and I'm sure either Cardinals fans or Brewers fans will be second guessing his decision after the game.

I voted my max of 25 times one time this year, but I think you can do it everyday, if I'm not mistaken, on mlb.com. EDIT: No, you really can't do it everyday, apparently. Sad. Oh well, 25x it is.

I recall the Milwaukee faithful diligently adding Geoff Jenkins to an All-Star roster, so I have no reason to believe we can't get Prince the starting spot he deserves. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he's arguably the hottest youngster in the game today, and has nationwide name-recognition.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It's good to have multiple e-mail addresses...I just voted 50 more times for Prince using my school e-mail addy and an old Yahoo account. IIRC, Yahoo still offers free e-mail accounts for anyone interested in more ballot-stuffing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

The race is probably going to get even closer...Pujols is starting to heat up, though -- he's been hitting a ton of HR's lately.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Awesome. Lets keep it up! (That inside the park HR will help I'm sure http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Well, I haven't cleared out any voting kiosks, but I have been to 3 games recently here in Texas (both Arlington and Houston), and have spent much of the early parts of the games punching out ballots...I didn't go straight Brewers as I try to be somewhat objective, but Fielder, Hardy, and Hart (my personal favorite) each got about 1000 extra votes...nice to see that some of my effort has paid off!!!!

There is less than a week and a half to go (voting ends June 28th). Can Prince hang on? This news is sure to spark Cardinals fans to vote more.

IIRC, Paul Molitor is the most recent Brewer to be voted to start. I think that was in 88 or 89.

I'm doing my part, although my wife staunchly refuses to vote any Brewer for the All Star, given the way our players have been faring in the second half of the season following the HR derby, etc..

Archived