Brewer Fanatic

Brewer fans: INVADE WRIGLEYVILLE!

ELCABALLO45
Whatever you do, do NOT let the Cub "fans" annoy you into throwing any home run ball back on the field. In fact, it would be very funny if you were able to throw a Cub HR back on the field. (assuming the score of 14-1 Brewers at the time.)

This feels like the biggest series for the Brewers in about 14 years. I don't recall feeling this kind of intensity in a long time. A sweep by either team completely changes the playoff race.

I wish I could be there.

Glad to hear you all are going to Wrigley Field. Be loud, and be proud.

GO BREWERS !!!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/BrewersFlag3.gif

Quote:
Whatever you do, do NOT let the Cub "fans" annoy you into throwing any home run ball back on the field. In fact, it would be very funny if you were able to throw a Cub HR back on the field. (assuming the score of 14-1 Brewers at the time.)

We actually talked about that scenario (throwing back a Cubs' players home run in Wrigley). Do you think they'd kick us out? I know at Miller when anybody throws any ball back onto the field security usually at least threatens to kick the person out even if it is a non-Brewer home run ball. At Wrigley, it's a "tradition" to throw back home run balls from the away team, but I've never seen/heard of an opposing team's fan throwing one back. Either way, it'd probably be worth it even if we did get kicked out. The crowd reaction would be priceless. We'd probably get showered in beer, obscenities, spit, etc., but it'd still be worth it.

On a side note, I hate it when Brewer fans throw baseballs back on the field at Miller. That's what CUBS FANS do. The last thing I want to imitate is a Cubs fan or a lame Cubs tradition. Even when people don't throw the ball back right away, the crowd usually harasses them enough that they do throw it back eventually. How can we get the message out to stop that crap?

Quote:
We actually talked about that scenario (throwing back a Cubs' players home run in Wrigley). Do you think they'd kick us out? I know at Miller when anybody throws any ball back onto the field security usually at least threatens to kick the person out even if it is a non-Brewer home run ball. At Wrigley, it's a "tradition" to throw back home run balls from the away team, but I've never seen/heard of an opposing team's fan throwing one back. Either way, it'd probably be worth it even if we did get kicked out. The crowd reaction would be priceless. We'd probably get showered in beer, obscenities, spit, etc., but it'd still be worth it.

I agree 100%! That would be so worth it. That would also be a good way to show off Brewer Pride. Someone has to do it lol.

ya are you kidding me bfishman, that is a Barrett bobblehead, how many cubs fans are going to want that.

In a world where there appears to be a market for the Jeffrey Hammonds bobblehead, isn't anything possible?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I did not wear my choke shirt (thank Goodness), and we headed for the exits immediately after the homer, but that didn't stop some guy from slapping me on the head (which wore a Brewers hat) a couple times and screaming taunts in my face. Ugh, what a nightmare.

I honestly can't believe that people actually act like that. That's just stupid, no matter what team you root for (and I've seen Brewers fans do similar crap to other teams fans - in particular Twins fans). Slapping a total stranger on the back of the head? Unreal.

I was thinking about starting a new thread, but I will just start my book right, here, this is called, billyhallfan's first Wrigley experience:

My Dad and I parked at Howard and rode the train to Addison, there were quite a few Brewers fans in our train car and all was looking to be a good day. Once we got to Wrigley Field I was amazed, it looked really nice, and I couldn't wait to get in. We went in the rightfield gate and it was a dump. Paint chipping, standing water, trash, just absolute minor league stuff. It reminded me a lot of when I went to RFK stadium.

Anyway, I walked around quite a bit with my Dad and I took some pictures, and so far had no problems. We then went to our seats and watched Bill Hall put on a show in BP, and Prince pop everything up, then we went to go get something to eat. A pizzone, which was really good, infact the guy selling them to us said he wouldn't because we were Milwaukee fans, he was joking and it was funny, and I thought, wow, why does everyone hate Cubs fans, maybe they are only bad at Wrigley Field.

Then we went back to our seats and that is when it all started to turn around. The game started and right about the time where Hart struck out, I got beer spilled on me. The lady apologized and said that she felt really bad, but then I overheard her laughing and saying that at least she didn't spill it on a Cubs fan, that really ticked me off! Then NO ONE, sat in their seats, at ALL! I have never in my life, ever had to stand up just to see a pitch because people had to keep moving around, it was really annoying. Seriously in the row in front of me, the same people moved FOUR times, it was horrible. They have the numbers under the seat, section and row on the ticket for a reason. Then all of a sudden a "let's go Brewers" chant started and some stupid 40 year old lady was saying, go home, go home, and she said that the Brewers sucked and by that time, I decided, they are idiots.

Anyway, after a while I heard the "know it all" in the row behind me say that he hates the Brewers, and he hates Milwaukee. He said that Brewers fans are jerks and then I looked up, and I am not kidding you, this had to be the biggest moron, I've ever seen in my life. He took just a normal shirt, and wrote in black sharpie, on the front:

"Buck the Frewers"

Then on the back, and word for word it said:

".500 beyotch"

WHY?? Would you brag about being 500 when the team you are playing is 14 over?

Anyway, I am never going to a Brewers Cubs game ever again, weather it is in Milwaukee, or Chicago, Hawaii or Australia I am done. I have been to 8 games, and have seen the Crew win once. I hate getting an ear full from the Cubs fans and having my team get beat, everytime I am there. I can't stand it, there is nothing worse than saying your team is good and then losing, Wrigly shook when that thing was hit, Beer was flying, stuff was being thrown, and that was a long walk and long long long train ride, it sucked.

I go to about 30 games a year, I wear a Brewer shirt everyday, I give that company more than enough support for them to be able to back me up, and they lose every time I go. I will never go to a game against the Cubs ever again.

And by the way, whenever Drew Olsen called Wrigleyt an outdoor bar, I never got it, but after seeing that everyone drinks a lot, I get it, I also wasn't a fan of throwing the beer cups and trash on the field after, that was dumb.

I have to count to ten and take a deep breath...

Sorry for my rant.

Then on the back, and word for word it said:

".500 beyotch"

Haha, oh man...

Well, I wasn't there today but I've never had any problems except one time two years ago some drunk middle-aged woman in the bleachers pointedly asked me to tell her who was winning (It was the 4th and the Cubs were up 3-1). You gotta give it back to these people.

The closest I can compare to today was in Sepetmber '98 when the Brewers were up 10-2 in the 5th and ended up losing 15-12 when the Cubs scored 5 in th bottom of the 9th. Brutal to watch, but the Brewers were just roadkill that year at that point anyway, and the Cubs were on the way to the playoffs.

Archived