Brewer Fanatic

True or False: Logo question

False. 90% of the people at the ballpark wouldn't even know it's there, and if they do, the majority doesn't realize it's barley.

The Brewers have tried to distance themselves from Brewing in the past (bernie's mug), and the current jerseys/logo preceded Miller Park.

the current jerseys/logo preceded Miller Park

Not to be a total devil's advocate, Peavey, but I think the current jerseys/logo were intended to debut with Miller Park. 2000 would have been the inaugural season for MP, but for the crane accident.

Otherwise, I agree with your post.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The current jerseys were supposed to go with the new stadium. That's why the lettering on the jersey is the same font as the giant "Miller Park" on the front of the stadium.

Miller Park

Brewers Jersey

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I see different typefaces. To me, the one on the sign resembles the logo on Miller beer products.

The posts stating that the current uniforms were meant to tie in with a 2000 Miller Park opening were correct.

And to answer the original question: False.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I believe 100% that the change to the current logo had a lot, if not everything to do with Miller Brewing

I am torn on if thats what is holding them back from going ball&glove again, I would like to think they are trying to keep it "special"

I would prefer very much if they never go back, i like the scheme now, unless they bring back the powder blues, haha

The team seems to use every chance to get the retro logo out there though, Time Warner Ads, Admirals Unis, etc

I think it is rather difficult to make a logo, uniforms, etc. for a team named the "Brewers" without some form of resemblance to beer. We're not the Milwaukee Popcorns or Taffy Makers. The only other things that I know you can "brew" besides beer is coffee, tea, witch's potions, and trouble.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Kind of along these lines is what is the deal with the old beer mug from County? I thought I read once that its just sitting in storage or something. Are they just going to keep it hidden forever? They need to put that baby on display!

During one of Bill Simmons recent espn chats he said he wasn't going to take the Brewers serious until they bring back the beer mug for Bernie to slide into. I found that rather humorous.

There were too beer chalets. Both were sold to private bidders. I can't be sure, but I'm going to guess that one is in a microbrewery and the other is in someone's house.

There were 2? why 2? only one was on display at the stadium right?

I wish I could find an article about this... like if they are on display where and how much they were sold for.

Community Moderator

There were 2? why 2? only one was on display at the stadium right?

There was an original one from the 70s-80s, then a second one from ~1995-2000. The original had been removed for that huge tower of speakers.

The ball and glove logo wouldn't be allowed back even if the team pushed for it. It violated MLB rules which states no pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball can be in a logo.

Adding to what Peavey said, I believe the original chalet remained in the area behind County Stadium's bleachers. People could take pictures with it.

The second chalet was noticeably larger.

EDIT: Ack! I just read Kpanz20's link. Lakefront repainted the chalet?

Yeah, the mug is definitely repainted. The chalet looks disassembled or something, though.

By the way, I shrank the width of the image to prevent sideways scrolling. Clicking on it will make a full-sized view available. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I would think that installing the old barrel and chalet somewhere in the stadium for fans to take pictures of would be great. Even better would be if they set it up somewhere (concourse, parking lot) that fans could pay to go down the slide and get their picture taken, like at an amusment park.

Heck, just build a miniature version and permanently install it up by the retired numbers or something.

As for the logo question, ender, I understand the uniform rule about the shape of a baseball, etc. But that's just on the actual uniform itself, correct? Not the hat?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'd love for them to bring the mug back, but I know the Brewers have talked about how if they did they would need to remove too many seats in left field and they didn't want to do that.

However, I do think the idea of just bringing it back as a place to take pictures would work nice. They could put it in the fairly big open space on the main concourse down the right field line. Nothing is really there (they have some games for kids to play close to there) and nobody really uses those exits as they don't lead directly to a parking lot.

I don't think the Miller Brewery tie in has anything to do with not going back to the old logo full time. Heck, the team gets the best of both worlds right now. They can sell merchandise with their official logo and their not-so-retro, retro logo.

Archived