Brewer Fanatic

Linebrink this week

Quote:
This is the couples first child, so I imagine that he'll take as much time as necessary away from the team to be with his wife and child.

I don't mean to be insensitive here, but he gets paid over $2 million to pitch. Fly in a relative, hire a nanny. The team is good enough to take some time, but I'd think a day to day and a half would be plenty. He is taking advantage of the team if he misses wedsdays night game for a birth being induced Monday morning. I think he can make up for lost time November through January.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I think the people on here that say that he should just take a day or his wife should understand havent been around a 9 month prego woman before. He is going to be worthless for the next couple days due to tiredness.

Quote:
I think the people on here that say that he should just take a day or his wife should understand havent been around a 9 month prego woman before.

Actually, I was speaking from 1st hand knowledge. My wife has been induced twice, so I think I'm very qualified to speak about the situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Look at it from Linebrink's point of view. His wife is about to give birth to their first child, and he's traded to a team half way across the country. In the span of about a week, his world is getting turned upside down twice.

I think the Brewers are doing a good thing in giving him a lot of time to get his head on right. I hope everything goes good for him and his family.

I had to take vacation time when my wife gave birth. These guys can afford multiple nannys.

Old School Alert: Back in the day, players took no time off for the births of their children.

Don't these guys get from October to mid February to be home?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I don't mean to be insensitive here, but he gets paid over $2 million to pitch.

I don't think how much he is paid matters.

If he wants to be with his wife and his new child, for whatever reason, no amount of money will allow him to be at his job and with his wife and child at the same time.

While I don't have any problem with anyone who doesn't want to spend more than a day off of work for this sort of thing, I think I'd do the exact same thing that Linebrink is doing.

I don't think Linebrink should be penalized because he has a higher-profile job or makes a lot of money if he thinks his family is more important than his job (the Brewers).

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote:
Given this team's woes lately, I don't think missing Linebrink for a couple games is really going to make a difference at this point.

Considering the woes can be directly traced to the ineffective bullpen I"d disagree.

The offense has been scoring a lot lately, the starters have given us a lot of quality starts, the bullpen has blown a lot of games.

Archived